Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

Recommended Posts

I feel so conflicted. I love Tom Savini's other work, but that belt is so fucking awful. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda like it. If anything it needs more veins. And the HURT/HEAL straps should look like human skin. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I feel so conflicted. I love Tom Savini's other work, but that belt is so fucking awful. 

I don’t think Savini has anything to do with that. That might be a all merch. 
 

Edit: Forget it I just saw the Savini tweet. 
 

I’m honestly surprised he didn’t do something more creative. Unless he designed, as in “They reused my mask design, so legally I’m taking credit”.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I posted this here...at the last ROH show in Toronto, my seats were right behind Bobby Cruise and he was nice enough to let me check out the belts. 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 9:36 PM, Infinit said:

I don't think I posted this here...at the last ROH show in Toronto, my seats were right behind Bobby Cruise and he was nice enough to let me check out the belts. 

Awesome.

My granddad had gotten front row seats (so cheap; miss that) for himself and two of my friends for the show at the Spectrum, a few days after Survivor Series ‘95. Tony Chimmel let me hold a tag belt, as we were sat right behind the timekeeper. 

It was awesome. My friend was gonna get Bret’s sunglasses, but this stupid guy strong-armed him away. I high-fived Bret though after the match while wearing my HBK glasses, “Shawn says...” shirt and dumb hat.

I’ll never forget the look he gave me. 

It was pretty sweet holding the old tag belt though. 

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, D.Z said:

BELTPIC.png

Double Crown.

The two best looking wrestling championships in wrestling today. Now those are wrestling belts.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realised. The IWGP Intercontinental title is the Intercontinental International Wrestling Grand Prix. The champion of both the Continents and the Nations. Obviously the World Champion is champion of not only the nations and continents, but is also champion of the oceans as well.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 3:49 PM, AxB said:

Just realised. The IWGP Intercontinental title is the Intercontinental International Wrestling Grand Prix. The champion of both the Continents and the Nations. Obviously the World Champion is champion of not only the nations and continents, but is also champion of the oceans as well.

Reminds me when a buddy and I booked a fantasy fed in our Junior and Senior years...we had the Ocean championship, defended at beach events. Loser had to be held under water for a ten count. Sonny Beach could never defeat Shark. Inevitably, a masked Poseidon made his debut and went undefeated.

In retrospect, it’s a wonder I graduated high school.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

ENZW6BGWoAA2Ma0?format=jpg&name=small

Now those are wrestling championships, in booking and design. Always loved these versions of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and IWGP Intercontinental Championship. The IWGP United States Championship's slowly grown on me.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are NJPW going to keep the IWGP World & IC belts unified from now on, or will the double champ (no spoilers) be defending both separately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dougrandprix2020final11.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ENcW0j1UUAA7YLE?format=jpg&name=large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2020 at 7:09 PM, AxB said:

Are NJPW going to keep the IWGP World & IC belts unified from now on, or will the double champ (no spoilers) be defending both separately?

We're waiting to find out. Slim chance of a vacation of the IWGP Intercontinental Championship for a tournament to crown a new champion. I think both the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and the IWGP Intercontinental Championship will be separated again. The IWGP Intercontinental Championship gives the upper mid-card/main eventers something to go for and the IC Championship has headlined certain tours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see SANADA win the IC title from Naito, so every member of LIJ has gold. He was so good in his matches with Okada last year that he deserves a title run this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EOEuGijVAAAruZP?format=jpg&name=large

EOEuGikUwAE8dG-?format=jpg&name=large

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EN6exPuUYAAL7C-?format=jpg&name=900x900

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 1:05 AM, The Natural said:

ENZW6BGWoAA2Ma0?format=jpg&name=small

Now those are wrestling championships, in booking and design. Always loved these versions of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and IWGP Intercontinental Championship. The IWGP United States Championship's slowly grown on me.

I kinda love the U.S. belt. It's giant and gaudy and that just seems right for a foreign company's interpretation of a United States title.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the people that collect these, NJPW will again be releasing replicas in March. They are pricey.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...