DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I feel so conflicted. I love Tom Savini's other work, but that belt is so fucking awful. 

I don’t think Savini has anything to do with that. That might be a all merch. 

Edit: Forget it I just saw the Savini tweet. 

I’m honestly surprised he didn’t do something more creative. Unless he designed, as in “They reused my mask design, so legally I’m taking credit”.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 9:36 PM, Infinit said:

I don't think I posted this here...at the last ROH show in Toronto, my seats were right behind Bobby Cruise and he was nice enough to let me check out the belts. 

Awesome.

My granddad had gotten front row seats (so cheap; miss that) for himself and two of my friends for the show at the Spectrum, a few days after Survivor Series ‘95. Tony Chimmel let me hold a tag belt, as we were sat right behind the timekeeper. 

It was awesome. My friend was gonna get Bret’s sunglasses, but this stupid guy strong-armed him away. I high-fived Bret though after the match while wearing my HBK glasses, “Shawn says...” shirt and dumb hat.

I’ll never forget the look he gave me. 

It was pretty sweet holding the old tag belt though. 

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 4

Just realised. The IWGP Intercontinental title is the Intercontinental International Wrestling Grand Prix. The champion of both the Continents and the Nations. Obviously the World Champion is champion of not only the nations and continents, but is also champion of the oceans as well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/28/2019 at 3:49 PM, AxB said:

Just realised. The IWGP Intercontinental title is the Intercontinental International Wrestling Grand Prix. The champion of both the Continents and the Nations. Obviously the World Champion is champion of not only the nations and continents, but is also champion of the oceans as well.

Reminds me when a buddy and I booked a fantasy fed in our Junior and Senior years...we had the Ocean championship, defended at beach events. Loser had to be held under water for a ten count. Sonny Beach could never defeat Shark. Inevitably, a masked Poseidon made his debut and went undefeated.

In retrospect, it’s a wonder I graduated high school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

ENZW6BGWoAA2Ma0?format=jpg&name=small

Now those are wrestling championships, in booking and design. Always loved these versions of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and IWGP Intercontinental Championship. The IWGP United States Championship's slowly grown on me.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

Are NJPW going to keep the IWGP World & IC belts unified from now on, or will the double champ (no spoilers) be defending both separately?

On 1/5/2020 at 7:09 PM, AxB said:

Are NJPW going to keep the IWGP World & IC belts unified from now on, or will the double champ (no spoilers) be defending both separately?

We're waiting to find out. Slim chance of a vacation of the IWGP Intercontinental Championship for a tournament to crown a new champion. I think both the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and the IWGP Intercontinental Championship will be separated again. The IWGP Intercontinental Championship gives the upper mid-card/main eventers something to go for and the IC Championship has headlined certain tours. 

On 1/4/2020 at 1:05 AM, The Natural said:

ENZW6BGWoAA2Ma0?format=jpg&name=small

Now those are wrestling championships, in booking and design. Always loved these versions of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship and IWGP Intercontinental Championship. The IWGP United States Championship's slowly grown on me.

I kinda love the U.S. belt. It's giant and gaudy and that just seems right for a foreign company's interpretation of a United States title.

• Like 3