Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
The Natural

Wrestling belts, designs and reigns.

Recommended Posts

I don't think the words are big enough on those tag belts, what does it say? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BurningBeard said:

I don't think the words are big enough on those tag belts, what does it say? 

Do you want people to think it’s Jerry Lynn’s custom New F’N Show championship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could have said it was dedicated to Minoru Suzuki but noooooo. 

Hey, that's a great way to bring him in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 10:50 AM, D.Z said:

New NOAH title

EF8y76HUEAIqQ3y?format=jpg&name=small

Potentially silly question: how long has Choshu been affiliated with NOAH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Potentially silly question: how long has Choshu been affiliated with NOAH?

The latest buy out. He is the Chairman of the company who bought them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 9:42 AM, The Natural said:

WWF-TITLE-600x338.jpg

 

Some people really like this version of the eagle belt. I personally didn’t. I just always found it to be really flat compared to the previous design, along with the belt that replaced the previous IC belt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Some people really like this version of the eagle belt. I personally didn’t. I just always found it to be really flat compared to the previous design, along with the belt that replaced the previous IC belt.

I really like that version but the previous WWF Championship reigns supreme like the classic WWF Intercontinental Championship over the replacement. Thank God a tweaked version returned via Cody Rhodes at Hell in a Cell 2011. That was the highlight of the show.

Edited by The Natural

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I really like that version but the previous WWF Championship reigns supreme like the classic WWF Intercontinental Championship over the replacement. Thank God a tweaked version returned via Cody Rhodes at Hell in a Cell 2011. That was the highlight of the show.

But do you remember the first retro IC belt that Cody had, that looked really cheap, tiny, and a weirdly shaped?

20111002_rhodes_newicbelt--332d10bc9572a

cody-rhodes-2011-intercontinental-champi

Which might’ve looked like a knockoff for copyright reasons.

Here’s the belt we have today.*

RAW_989_Photo_015.jpg

*Hard to find a picture, with a real good look at the difference.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I recall the story,  when they switched off the oval IC, they went with someone that made a real bad knockoff of the 80/90 belt.  Parks got pissy and just made the real one with the updated logo and it ended up getting WWE and Parks doing business again before Reggie retired.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2019 at 10:55 AM, Raziel said:

If I recall the story,  when they switched off the oval IC, they went with someone that made a real bad knockoff of the 80/90 belt.  Parks got pissy and just made the real one with the updated logo and it ended up getting WWE and Parks doing business again before Reggie retired.  

If I remember correctly, the original incorrect version of the White IC that Cody brought back was made by Wildcat Belts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9db89838c7b52a96-600x338.jpg

The IWGP Heavyweight Championship is the best looking belt in wrestling today, felt that way for some time. 

latest?cb=20180127114506

The IWGP Intercontinental Championship also looks great. NJPW hosts the best world title and secondary title designs in wrestling.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish the lettering on the AEW Women's Belt was more pronounced. You pretty much cant read it at all unless a camera is in extreme close up. 

Edited by clintthecrippler
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...