DVDVR Message Board

[Best of] THE TOP 330 MOVIES OF THE 1990s

RIPPA

Posted Image

214) A PERFECT WORLD

1993 - 182 Points - 3 Votes (Highest Vote: #8 KJC McMahon)

DIRECTOR: Clint Eastwood

STARRING: Kevin Costner, Clint Eastwood, Laura Dern 

Placement On Original List: #220 (3 Votes)

IMDB

ROTTEN TOMATOES (81%)

WIKI

NOTE FROM RIPPA - Another movie where we find someone who loves it more than Televiper (the high vote last time)

Starting to look like I voted for the top 100.

Funnily... there are 7 people who have had less movies show up so far than you.

Including someone with only 2 and someone with only 3 (though to be fair - both of those people only submitted 50 vote ballots)

I'm actually shocked that I have more than 3. Guess I need to look at my ballot again.

I am very sad to see Menace II Society so low on the list. It's a great film . It's often compared to Boyz but I think it's the better of the two. It's more authentic and true to life in Watts in the early 90's. Larenz Tate is outstanding in this. Powerful film.

I know I've seen 'Menace II Society', I know I enjoyed it and was affected by it (The guy randomly shooting that shopkeeper for no reason pretty much haunted me for weeks after I saw it) but I'll be damned if I can't remember a single thing about it.  

Well, except for this.

215) BACK TO THE FUTURE PART III

1990 - 182 Points - 5 Votes (Highest Vote: #37 Newb82 & KJC McMahon)

DIRECTOR: Robert Zemeckis

STARRING: Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Mary Steenburgen 

Placement On Original List: N/A

I always forget that this film was released in 1990. I have never included it in any '90s film list that I've ever made. I almost enjoy it as much as I enjoy BTTF 1.

I also am glad that this list reminds me that I should be ashamed for not getting around to Veronique or Taste of Cherry yet.

I

CSC gets DMC Points for putting ID4 in his Top 20. Loses points for putting Dumb and Dumber ahead of it.

Yeah - my Bestie was making me rethink my friend's list with that Dumb and Dumber pick but he makes up for it shortly.

Man,  I love Dumb and Dumber. Every time it's on cable I will watch a few minutes. Surprised to see Independence Day so low. Maybe it doesn't hold up but I remember as a kid every theater was packed for it... it was more than a movie, it was an event.

It's one of those movies that I watched a lot as a kid. I honestly haven't watched it sense. I believe we may even own it on Blu Ray still in its packaging (I could be wrong. It's sad when you own enough movies to not remember what you own).

It's funny, I used to not like BttF III, since Westerns (or movies set in that time period) generally bore me to tears, but since I got the trilogy box set and was able to watch them all again, watching III in context made me like it more, because I noticed a lot more of how it built off the first two.

Dumb & Dumber is an American classic.

Posted Image

205) DANCES WITH WOLVES

1990 - 188 Points - 3 Votes (Highest Vote: #5 Randy)

DIRECTOR: Kevin Costner

STARRING: Kevin Costner, Mary McDonnell, Graham Greene

Placement On Original List: #95 (5 Votes)

IMDB

ROTTEN TOMATOES (80%)

WIKI

NOTE FROM RIPPA - I am trying to decide if I was amused when "Dances With Dudley" autofilled as I was looking this up on Wiki

Posted Image

204) CRASH

1996 - 190 Points - 5 Votes (Highest Vote: #8 Death From Above)

DIRECTOR: David Cronenberg

STARRING: James Spader, Holly Hunter, Elias Koteas

Placement On Original List: N/A

IMDB

ROTTEN TOMATOES (58%)

WIKI

NOTE FROM RIPPA - I really should have paid closer attention to see if this is the first/highest NC-17 movie on the list

• Like 1