DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

• Major League Baseball has issued six exemptions to athletes over the past six seasons -- an average of 1,200 players populate its rosters each season.

• National Football League officials say testosterone exemptions are "very rare" and only a "handful" have been issued since 1990. Nearly 2,000 players circulate through rosters each season.

Definitely seems more reasonable than what was going on in MMA.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/10500652/therapeutic-use-exemptions-testosterone-mma-outpace-other-sports-lines-finds

For the record, that piece only talked about TUEs for TRT in baseball. The MLB TUEs for Adderall are more of an issue (10% of players had one). I think it's more than a little misleading to focus on exemptions for one substance while completely ignoring exemptions for another.

For the record, that piece only talked about TUEs for TRT in baseball. The MLB TUEs for Adderall are more of an issue (10% of players had one). I think it's more than a little misleading to focus on exemptions for one substance while completely ignoring exemptions for another.

I did not know that about MLB and Adderall. Seems like they have their own issues...

119 Therapeutic Use Exemptions were granted. The diagnoses were as follows:

Attention Deficit Disorder: 116

Hypertension: 2

Hypogonadism: 1

Yikes.

Does MMA test for synthetic test? Last I heard they only tested the T/E ratio so if they still do that guys can use Test as long as they don't pass the 4/1 ratio (average male is 1/1). 

The standard athletic commission tests do not test for synthetic testosterone. In order to do that they would need to move to carbon isotope testing, but it's far more expensive.

twiztor's new sig is awesome

since we don't keep real individual event records, i'm keeping it until (i notice or someone points out that) it gets broken.

I got the biggest points total on the old board, 32 with UFC 143: Diaz vs. Condit. You have the best on the new one.

• Like 1

Rogan claims big announcement in women's MMA.

Joe Rogan on KROQ today said there would be a big announcement regarding Ronda Rousey's next opponent that would be made within a week.

The way he said it would indicate a Rousey vs. Cyborg match is upcoming, although he said after dropping the hint that he couldn't say anything more without betraying the confidence of his employer.

Credit: f4wonline.com

We shall see. There are times big announcements are hyped and they either deliver or don't.

Guest Edwin

The UFC should sign Masanori Kanehara, DJ.taiki, Hiromasa Ogikubo and Hideo Tokoro and bring back Caol Uno and Naoyuki Kotani for their Japan and Macau, China returns.

Satoshi Ishii should be given a shot too.

In reality they'll most likely end up signing someone out of the blue, totally unexpected and unworthy of getting signed like when they signed Strasser Kiichi.