DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR SURVIVAL FOOTBALL

RIPPA

If you lost this week while leaving the biggest point spread favorite in the HISTORY OF THE FUCKING LEAGUE on the board, I feel zero sympathy for you. That Seattle pick was the biggest gimme in the history of gimmies, and if you failed to take it, you deserve to lose. That goes double if you picked a team led by Christian Ponder to win instead. :lol:

Week 4: where my survival pool picks come to die pretty much every season. As of now, I am picking New Orleans, so adjust your survivor pick accordingly.

If you lost this week while leaving the biggest point spread favorite in the HISTORY OF THE FUCKING LEAGUE on the board, I feel zero sympathy for you. That Seattle pick was the biggest gimme in the history of gimmies, and if you failed to take it, you deserve to lose. That goes double if you picked a team led by Christian Ponder to win instead. :lol:

Week 4: where my survival pool picks come to die pretty much every season. As of now, I am picking New Orleans, so adjust your survivor pick accordingly.

Please keep that pick.  

I think this is going to be the week where most of the survivor pools get exploded.  There isn't a game that I would say is a lock.  Even Colts vs Jags isn't that sure because Jacksonville does seem to play well in division.

I am going with the Broncos and expect the Eagles to continue the free-fall.

Um, yeah, Denver vs Philly is the gimmie this week.

I'd much rather wait for Week 6 for them to murder Jacksonville and just use Baltimore (@ BUF) this week.  

Or the Chiefs (vs NYG).  Sorry Phil. 

Um, yeah, Denver vs Philly is the gimmie this week.

I'd much rather wait for Week 6 for them to murder Jacksonville and just use Baltimore (@ BUF) this week.  

Or the Chiefs (vs NYG).  Sorry Phil. 

I'm going with the Chiefs this week in the survival league I'm in. I'll pick Denver against Jacksonville when the time comes.

I was going to pick KC myself but then realized the Giants could doubly bone me

I am going with the Skins over the Raiders.

This way - if I get eliminated, at least I will be giddy about it

I texted my dad to either take Indy over Jacksonville or Denver over Philadelphia. I'll let him be the one to choose if he wants to take the gimme against my team. I couldn't have picked a better year to not have DirecTV. Oh, wait, last season probably would have been the year.

Giants/Chiefs is a frightening prospect. Anyone who chooses that game has ice water in their veins.

Back to my 'Breaking Bad' quarantine. 

I have never been in a survival league. Could someone explain to me how this works, so I can join next season? I keep meaning to join for a number of years now,but ended up too late.

Pick one team to win each week. You can't pick that team again at any point in the season. That team loses and you are done.

We just need to make it through one more week...

Week 6. Jacksonville AT Denver. Largest point spread in NFL history in play.

I'm getting the shakes.

Just have to get by the snake pit that is Week 5. I'm trying to talk myself into taking the Rams. THE RAMS!

Wouldn't the best choice be Atlanta at home against NYJ? That's my likely choice for this week. Then it's Denver and San Diego against Jacksonville in weeks 6 & 7. That is if you haven't picked those three teams already.

Ironically enough - the only other teams this week I would "trust" besides the Falcons are the Broncos and Chargers. So if you didn't like the Falcons this week, you would have to burn one of Jacksonville's opponents for the upcoming weeks.

I have never been in a survival league. Could someone explain to me how this works, so I can join next season? I keep meaning to join for a number of years now,but ended up too late.

Pick one team to win each week. You can't pick that team again at any point in the season. That team loses and you are done.
Sounds simple enough. Thank you! :)

The Falcons are the obvious heels in The Great DVDVR Survivor Bloodbath of 2013 but let's save some bile for Sam Bradford and the Rams. Had they looked remotely competent on Thursday night, nobody would've thought twice about taking them against the Jags.