DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] RD2B: KAZUCHIKA OKADA vs. DRAGON LEE

MM16: 2nd RDB - KAZUCHIKA OKADA vs. DRAGON LEE  

73 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

People keep saying that but Nakamura won last year, and Cavernario made it to the final 4. Yes, there are some WWE votes that have hurt my head greatly so far (Owens voting share of Fenix when I feel like Fenix pretty easily had a better year gave me a brief headache), but overall the WWE grouping has failed pretty miserably so far. Though, admitted, the real threats from it remain Bayley and Banks.

People keep saying that but Nakamura won last year, and Cavernario made it to the final 4. Yes, there are some WWE votes that have hurt my head greatly so far (Owens voting share of Fenix when I feel like Fenix pretty easily had a better year gave me a brief headache), but overall the WWE grouping has failed pretty miserably so far. Though, admitted, the real threats from it remain Bayley and Banks.

I said this last year and I will say it again

"I think folks forget that the longer this goes - the less votes are about the year and more about spitefullness."

I'm surprised it's this close. Okada is the really boring ace, like Roman Reigns except not as interesting a worker, and Dragon Lee is awesome. The CMLL/New Japan match against Kamaitachi is super fucking awesome. I've never seen Okada do anything as good as that. 

I am not

You have lucha loyalists

You have New Japan loyalists

You have WWE/NXT loyalists who abstain (thus less votes, thus making it easier to stay close)

And then you a half of dozen swing votes

I said this last year and I will say it again

"I think folks forget that the longer this goes - the less votes are about the year and more about spitefullness."

It's cute that you pretend the early voting isn't equally mean-spirited.  The new members probably appreciate it.

Hey, so I haven't watched a tonne of Dragon Lee but does he tend to just drop his selling when he goes on attack late in matches? Because that's what he did against Virus and it drove me fucking nuts. Virus worked his injured leg for the majority of the match. Dragon Lee decides every move he does during his shine and the rest of the match is going to be explosive and athletic, requiring a bunch of leg strength. Ridiculous. I've only seen one of his Kamaitachi matches and will try to watch as many between now and the closing of the poll so I can vote with a clear(er) conscience.

Okada does some dumb shit for sure. I don't think he's a paragon of professional wrestling.

Voted for the Rainmaker.

Out of curiosity, any reason? Anything you think Okada does better then Lee? Anything?

I would say Okada is better at match construction, long term selling (despite it not stopping him from doing anything, Lee blows stuff off more often) and building to his bigger spots.