DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 84: Silva vs. Bisping (2/27/2016) - London, England, United Kingdom (O2 Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

The Wilkinson fight showed both the strengths and weaknesses of Amirkhani. He's got lightning fast takedowns, beautiful transitions on the ground, and slick submissions. The downside to all that he leaves a ton of opportunities for his opponent. For a guy who dominated most of this fight, he almost got submitted five times and knocked out. That is...unique to say the least.

Breese, unlike Arnold Allen, doesn't the defensive wrestling part down. In a division where there are plenty of good wrestlers, that's something you got to work on. Breese has the striking and submissions, but that's tough to pull off laying flat on your back. I think what saved him against K-Taro is he does go for kneebars and heel hooks so he was able to roll K-Taro over and gain dominant position.

If the mouthpiece is involuntarily dislodged during competition, the referee shall call time, clean the mouthpiece, and reinsert the mouthpiece at the first opportune moment without interfering with the immediate action.

Herb got it right though he could've been more proactive at the horn.

What the fuck was that shit from Anderson in the last two rounds? It was like he was gassed without breathing heavily. He had Bisping on wobbly feet after that front kick and followed it up with nothing.

He's clowned around in fights frequently but generally not when he's behind (a rarity). 

If I'm Luiz Dorea or Feijao, I'm telling Anderson to press in that last 90 seconds (saw 1:31 to be exact when they were to reengage) of the fight. All Bisping was basically doing at that point was standing up and trying move Anderson backwards. There weren't anymore kicks and legit movement coming from Bisping. You back Bisping to cage, kick or knee to the gut, fake low, go back up high, and that's the end of Bisping's night.

They might have and Anderson was being Anderson who knows.

I watching the Frampton-Quigg fight between rounds so I really wasn't paying attention outside the 3rd round where Silva pretty much KOd' Bisping at the bell. However, I did get a text from sprewellrimz and it sounds that there was some shoddy cornerwork.

FWIW, this is the first I can remember where Dorea was his chief second. Other times it's been like Ramon Lemos.

Amirkhani should run with the gigolo thing.

Silva only has himself to blame for that loss.  He clowned and show boated when he had his opponent finished and beaten, and he let Bisping to recover.  I see fighters do that, they have openings and opportunities but they pull back anyway.  Their opponent comes back with a stronger round and they wonder why they lost on the scorecards.

Silva only has himself to blame for that loss.  He clowned and show boated when he had his opponent finished and beaten, and he let Bisping to recover.  I see fighters do that, they have openings and opportunities but they pull back anyway.  Their opponent comes back with a stronger round and they wonder why they lost on the scorecards.

He wasn't playing around in rounds 4 and 5. Not only did he have Bisping done after round 3, he basically had him dead to rites multiple times in the last couple of rounds. In addition, when round 4 started, he basically tried to not engage with Bisping as to not run into anything. He basically allowed him to clear the cobwebs momentarily before he hurt him again later on. Then, you had the last 90 seconds where he went into the MMA equivalent of the "don't let anyone get behind you/defensive backs playing 30+ yards up the field to protect the front of the endzone". Bisping in the last two rounds was pressuring Anderson at points, but it wasn't effective pressure.

In other fights (boxing and MMA), corners get crap (and rightfully so) for not telling people the right info (see: Tarverdyan, Edmond). Yet, when Anderson Silva fights like he has been told that he is up rounds when he clearly isn't in a super close fight, they are absolved. That doesn't make sense, unbiased or biased.

I'm just trying to see if anyone noticed anything in particular because that could have played a direct effect into the outcome of the fight. Remember when Hendricks basically didn't press GSP? If we can question that mindset and circumstances surrounding that then, we can question this now.

I'd rather see them fight again instead of having Bisping fight for the title. I just don't buy him having much of a chance at all.

I don't think Bisping is currently an option for the title shot unless someone gets hurt. If he can heal up and fight in June, maybe he has an outside shot as a replacement. However, I don't think they lined up Belfort vs. Jacare for nothing.

Realistically, they remake the original co-main for this show and Bisping fights Mousasi. That could easily be a Fight Pass main event for Europe, an FS1 main event, or a lower level PPV co-main event.

If Mousasi gets a fight on the Rotterdam card, then I doubt that fight happens right away because Bisping needs to take some time off after this fight. If that's the case, maybe they do the rematch between Bisping and Anderson. I just have a feeling though that the UFC doesn't want to waste one of the 2 or 3 remaining fights of Anderson's career on a Bisping rematch even if it was exciting and got people to watch on Fight Pass.