DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

So...Finn Balor and Bayley are NOT dating?

Bayley had a boyfriend on Breaking Ground so I don't know. Finn should focus on Becky.

Because if you go by those Finn Special looks before the Tokyo show, Becky is sure as hell focusing on Finn.

• Like 1

Woah, due to my eyes being all teared up all day for some reason, I somehow completely missed the news that Mike Quackenbush is at the perfomance center as a guest coach this week.

What is the world coming to?

I never knew it until this very second, but I need Baron Corbin tapping out indy darlings with a shitty looking Chikara Special.

Maybe Quack can convince Corbin to put a mask on.

• Like 2

So...Finn Balor and Bayley are NOT dating?

Bayley had a boyfriend on Breaking Ground so I don't know. Finn should focus on Becky.

Because if you go by those Finn Special looks before the Tokyo show, Becky is sure as hell focusing on Finn.

The dirtsheets never said they were a thing.

What's the deal with NXT guys having versions of indie wrestlers names? Like, I still can't hear the name Baron Corbin without thinking of Darin Corbin. Now I'm catching up with the show and here's this Elias Samson chump most likely named after Sam Elias, who I just found out is Coey Graves' brother making it even stranger really.

Samson totally looks like a young Macho Man though, has the sad eyes and everything. Too bad about the shite gimmick.

Awesome! They had a try out ages ago, didn't they? I remember there was talk of them headed off to Florida last summer.

Was there any news on Drew Gulak and Chuck Taylor? I remember people thinking the Chuckie T retirement tour was his indy swan song before signing with NXT. I guess Gulak is a no go? I think he'd do well there and would be a good foil for guys like Balor and Apollo.

NXT Jacksonville - 2/11/16

Hype Bros beat Blake & Murphy. During the Hype Bros celebration, Mojo Rawley picked up an adorable child and flew him like an air plane.

Elias Samson beat Patrick Clark. Samson taunted the crowd with a song before the match.

Liv Morgan beat Adrien Reese with a moonsault splash similar to Alexa Bliss' finish but facing away on the top turnbuckle.

Levis Valenzuela beat Steve Cutler. A lot of comedy and the fiesta rolls on.

Jason Jordan & Chad Gable beat The Vaudevillains. Match of the night in the ring, these two teams work well together so that's no suprise.

Apollo Crews beat Tino Sabbatelli. These two have been having good matches lately.

Interview segment w/ Mandy Rose. She was heckled, and "What?"'d down while promoting Total Divas.

Asuka beat Alexa Bliss via submission with the Asuka Lock.

Sami Zayn, Enzo Amore, & Big Cass vs. Riddick Moss, and NXT Tag Team Champions Dash, & Dawson went to a no contest when Moss was apparently injured during a triple suplex spot. The referee put up an X and the medical team assisted him. Sami let the people know Riddick said he'd be okay, the good guys hit finishers on the tag champions to send everyone home happy. 

It seems to me for that spot to work right you would need everyone doing the suplex to be a similar height. Plus Cass' suplex was slower than Zayn's and Enzo was stuck in the middle. Nothing about that seems like a good idea.

PS Who is this guy?  Like it seems odd that he would be in that 6 man main event since I've never heard the name.

Former football player (shocker) out of the University of Minnesota

They signed him beginning of 2014 I wanna say

He has had like 3 name changes too.

As for the main event thing - I've seen "inexperienced" guys like that in the main event of the Florida NXT shows before. You can especially hide him there when the other side has Zayn and Enzo/Cass