DVDVR Message Board

SUPER SMACKDOWN 12/22/15

Curt McGirt

Ah fuck it, I'll do it. 

"I took your kids' gifts Titus! Your kids have no gifts..." and the Freak Nasty reference from Santino were the best things on the show.

Concerning the three-way, I guess they have no countouts in WWE three-ways because Owens was out for a long time after his spill into the decorations. They were picking up some good steam with all the three man spots, which were pretty neat, but it just kind of ended all of the sudden. Should have saved em for a match that matters I think. The Exploder was gross and their insistence on showing it ten times was nice, and telling. 

I was watching Regal vs. Steamboat on the breaks during the eight-man and the difference in crowd heat was astounding. I think Sheamus really does kill everything. 

Oh and Owens was wrong, Renee looked great in that coat

Another thing, them not pulling the trigger on Becky slapping the shit out of Charlotte after that punking was pretty weak. And if they don't know what they have with the pop BAD get just for their theme music, either 1. they know what they actually have with BAD and don't want to kill their heat, or 2. they're doing their buildup bullshit and won't pull the trigger on anything that might be worth watching

That is why WWE doesn't ape AJPW/any indy on the head drops (or even piledrivers); one is enough to make you squirm if they show it enough. Well played WWE, well played. 

EDIT: aside from the obvious danger for the performer. Which means YET MORE FINISHERS ENDING IN A FACEPLANT!

Concerning the three-way, I guess they have no countouts in WWE three-ways because Owens was out for a long time after his spill into the decorations.

They actually mentioned it! Cole said something about the lack of count-outs when they brawled up to the trees/presents.

I actually completely enjoyed this show, nothing really epic, just a few solid matches.

I thought this was maybe the best Wyatts-Dudleyz deal, so far.  If for nothing else, then that insane running clothesline Rowan did on Ryback on the outside, where he just sprinted from one side of the ring to the other.

Also, hadn't watched a Smackdown all the way through in a while, but maaaaaaan Jerry Lawler is bad.  His jokes were so bad last night, most of them were met with the "Huh? Guys? C'mon, it's Christmas!" reaction as Cole/Booker couldn't even pretend to laugh at them.  His idea that Rowan is applying to become a mall Santa because he has a beard that completely confused Booker.  His thing about Bray Wyatt being Santa Claus with the rest of the Wyatts being "Subordinate Clauses".  Saying he asked Sheamus what he was getting kids for Christmas and trying to do an Irish accent (I think?!) saying "I got them batteries...toys not included" and hearing Cole trying to muster a fake laugh was so painful.  If they want to make Smackdown on USA semi-important, they need to really boot Lawler upstairs to a part-time/Legend deal and put someone new with Moron Renallo.  Is it too early to bring up Corey Graves?

I think Graves would be fine. He's not great, but he's improving. This is something they should do if they want to freshen up Smackdown because Lawler was done 10 years ago.

When describing current WWE announcers, "not great" is the highest praise imaginable.

• Like 2

Oh man Lawler was just insufferable, I tried to block him out but he kept it up with the jokes and I could just imagine the looks on Cole and Booker's faces in the dead silence after he said them. When "PUPPIES!" Lawler is preferable then you know this is about as bad as it gets. 

I can't remember who but two people got totally splattered against the barricades, one by Big E and one in the Wyatts match (probably that lariat mentioned earlier). And then the Curse of Sin Cara reared its ugly head as poor Hunico faceplanted on his dive and the announcers even brought it up.