DVDVR Message Board

Boardwalk Empire

ultimoDANK

I also loved his aside line about seeing the new Buster Keaton movie. May not sound like much, but it was pretty telling coming from a guy who was brought up believing that plays and moving pictures were the work of Satan or whomever.

Van Alden coming to terms with his lunatic self is the best.

That ending was some gangster shit. Michael Shannon is awesome.I gotta again point out how awful Ron Livingston is on this show. Even now that we know he's upto something I just don't care. Richard going to Nucky is good. Anything to get more Richard.

It seemed like he wanted to brainwash her like he did the singer. So creepy. 

Chalky's escape and the attempted assassination in Chicago were incredibly intense. The fat prostitute weeping on the floor "oh my god, oh my lord Jesus Christ" was an inspired touch. Chalky had some balls choking out a dude with a shot-up arm!

I've been as hard on Margret as a character as anyone, but I fucking loved that scene with her and Rothstein. I'd be interested in an insider trading story with her, as long as she can keep playing off Rothstein's innate weidness. Also, Chalky White...goddamn.

Pretty fantastic episode all around.

I honestly did not at all catch Narcisse sitting there in the dark the first time and it about had the same effect on me rewatching as Pete had. The man is fucking Dracula. And is Lou Gossett Jr. the old guy Chalky is staying with in the preview?

Knocking on wood saying this, but it seems like Agent Knox doesn't have a leg to stand on. He's gonna have to go rogue to get what he wants done because he's a nutjob that Hoover is going to continue to steal information from without credit and openly belittle. Something is going to go sideways badly with that guy.

Is this a clandestine prequel to the Wire, where we see how Omar's grandfather turned into a bad ass and eventually handed down his shotgun?  If it turns out that is what happens, I want all of you to acknowledge that I called it here today.  No I haven't been drinking.

• Like 2

You got a point, but still. I can see her opening up a huge can of worms in court after this. Speaking of which, who knows what Means is going to say...

Whatever he says, it will be completely awesome. GRIM VISAGED THUGGEES.

• Like 4