DVDVR Message Board

2016 Pro Football Hall of Fame Discussion

paragon11

If you wanted more confirmation that football folks - like baseball writers - make it all about themselves

TO kept out because "he was disruptive in the locker room"

“I’ll take you inside the room on this, and it was the second longest discussion we had in the room other that Eddie DeBartolo,” Gary Myers of the New York Daily News told The Dan Patrick Show. “The bottom line on T.O. is he was so disruptive. Now with L.T., you don’t count the off-the-field stuff. That’s a mandate from the Hall of Fame. It’s only what you’ve done on the field. The argument that was made in the room, and I agree with this, is what T.O. did in the locker room is part of –”

“That counts?” asked guest host Ross Tucker. “Why don’t you just evaluate what’s inside the white lines?”

“Because I think that the locker room is an extension of that,” Myers said.

“But how do you really know what happened in the locker room?” Tucker said.

“But he tore teams apart.”

“But how do you really know that?”

“He’s a Hall of Fame player that five teams couldn’t wait to get rid of,” Myers said. “So what does that tell you about how disruptive he was?”

Look at the records of the teams T.O. was on, and then look at their records when he left.  They were much better with him than without him.  Being disruptive didn't matter at all when it came to winning games and/or helping the team on the field. 

Logic doesn't allow you to get on your high horse and wave your dick around

Speak for yourself, I can think of 100s of logical reasons to get on a horse and wave my dick around.
Charles Haley would be proud.

Logic doesn't allow you to get on your high horse and wave your dick around

Speak for yourself, I can think of 100s of logical reasons to get on a horse and wave my dick around.
Charles Haley would be proud.

That Boys Will be Boys book that came out a few years ago had all types of great Cowboys stories, but the Charles Haley stories are the best. 

I believe Haley has the rare trifecta of anecdotes: pee, poo and spunk.

Did he ever put his dick on an owner?  If so, he'd have the trifecta of player, coach, and owner.  We need to figure out why San Francisco thought he was expendible. 

Wasn't he lying on the ground while climbing the Eiffel Tower during a 49ers team meeting and that was the last straw?

I haven't read the book in a while but I think I'm remembering that correctly.

EDIT: No, upon review the last straw was the dookie incident. Also according to the book, Switzer got him to stop at least once by no-selling it during a meeting.

• 5 months later...