DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

New Blood has separate watermarks from Stardom. Probably could be the new brand.

Seems we will get Starlight Kid vs Haruka Umesaki next time, Kid suggested Haruka should join O.Tai.

KAIRI and the other top stars.

FNkm1A_VgAoc1ZX?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Blue Dragon

The New Blood show was pretty solid. That new rookie has potential. Saya Iida looked mostly good and murdered poor Aoi with that brainbuster. And I'm totally down for a karate vs. judo feud in Tomoka Inaba vs. Hanan.

• Like 2

How does taking shots at what Maki Itoh been through make this over hyped rookie a babyface?
I'm convinced Maki is losing this match to free her up to in the PoP in the Summer but part of me wants Maki to end this chick!

James

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Those were nice little articles. Wouldn't have guessed she made her own gear. I'm curious where all of the AJPW inspiration comes from. 

I think partly herself, she calls Baba Baba San and brings up her own size and Baba's size. She studied Baba to make good use of her size.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, quackhell said:

fqklm5p7v4n81.jpg?width=1600&format=pjpg

LOVE this shot. So damn happy to have Gori-chan back.

Her hair is so boss! I can hardly wait for The Green Gorilla to rampage up the card!
I have this gut feeling that if things play out, she will be White Belt champ to end Saya's reign 

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With Tsukushi Haruka also apparently talking of retiring soon, Prominence seemingly gone after being unimpressed about IR COVID protocols when they last appeared for them, Maya Yukihi a part-timer now, if Tsukasa does retire then that's a phenomenal blow for them. There's young talent there but the top of the card has taken a huge beating & losing Fujimoto probably ends my interest in the promotion at least.

And if she does retire I'd sure miss her Best Friends team with Arisa Nakajima, even if they aren't regular partners anywhere right now.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I'll believe Tsukka's retiring when she has her final match, but if she does, that would be a major blow. With everything she does for Ice Ribbon, it'd be incredibly hard to see her leave, but she's just as entitled to a happy life outside of wrestling as anyone else.

Maki Ito seems to have "Boo Boo" face these days for her upcoming title bout, she may be working the fans though. We must keep in mind that she does want to spread negative emotions. If she beats Yuki Arai, she wants to tell Yuki the one thing she is missing.

TJPW is a pretty conservatively booked promotion so I can see Ito retaining, but it seems like everything is pointing towards Arai winning.  She's a legit draw and their last interaction was Ito taping out Aria which in wrestling booking logic wouldn't happen if Ito was winning.  Easily the most fascinating match on the card booking wise.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

@DEAN

Wasn't sure if you kept an eye on Sendai Girls' youtube but they uploaded the most recent tag title match between Team 200kg and Chisako/Matsumoto on 2/27, seems up your alley:

Oh yeah, I posted all of them in the 2022 Internet matches thread.

2 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Oh yeah, I posted all of them in the 2022 Internet matches thread.

Sendai Girls' still being one of the few Joshi promotions that puts recent big matches online for free, after... three? maybe two failed online subscription models is something. I mean I'd actually pay them for this stuff but they won't let me.

• Like 1