DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

You won't see TJPW and Stardom do anything together anytime soon for several reasons. One of those reasons was Natsupoi trashing TJPW by saying something like TJPW "is just a friendly group of girls who do boring wrestling".  Which pissed off Yuka irl, Yuka bashed the Bikini thing Giulia did with Tam.

Also Giulia recently bashed TJPW as well.

I mean that seems more like a thing between DDM and some of TJPW's talent. not sure Takagi and Ogawa would give a fuck as they are apparently friends. Its more likely they don't work together because Ogawa just isn't interested. He already turned the idea to do something together once before.

Edited by Eivion

There was some chat on Twitter yesterday that Rina Yamashita was going to be out for a while with 5 broken ribs but it turns out that was a mistranslation & it's actually Taro Yamada of 666 who sometimes wrestles in a gimmick as Rina Yamada.

Which as someone who thinks Yamashita is one of the best things going in joshi is a bit of a relief.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 hours ago, Kropotkin's Beard said:

There was some chat on Twitter yesterday that Rina Yamashita was going to be out for a while with 5 broken ribs but it turns out that was a mistranslation & it's actually Taro Yamada of 666 who sometimes wrestles in a gimmick as Rina Yamada.

Which as someone who thinks Yamashita is one of the best things going in joshi is a bit of a relief.

Well that just gave me a nervous twitch for a moment.

No, I'd say this makes sense. Just from a glance, it'd be a list of folks who put out music, did some acting, or released a photobook. I'm not going to double-check or cross-reference but I'd say the list is accurate if that's the criteria.

4 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

No, I'd say this makes sense. Just from a glance, it'd be a list of folks who put out music, did some acting, or released a photobook. I'm not going to double-check or cross-reference but I'd say the list is accurate if that's the criteria.

It seems a lot more.... random than that as there are a lot of Stardom wrestlers that have had photobooks that aren't on the list. AZM is probably the oddest conclusion as she has always been strictly a wrestler - no acting, modeling, photoshoots, etc. outside of Stardom unlike some of the others. Almost feels like someone did a "I think these wrestlers are cute and thus idols" list or something, although some on there definitely would qualify with the more traditional definition.

• Thanks 1

That's kind of how the article defines what an idol wrestler is. Either someone who has a background in the entertainment biz (Yuka Sakazaki was a comedian for example) or someone who is known for emphasizing their appearance as part of their character. Not that that's what an idol wrestler is, but that's what the wiki article is purporting.

41 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

It seems a lot more.... random than that as there are a lot of Stardom wrestlers that have had photobooks that aren't on the list. AZM is probably the oddest conclusion as she has always been strictly a wrestler - no acting, modeling, photoshoots, etc. outside of Stardom unlike some of the others. Almost feels like someone did a "I think these wrestlers are cute and thus idols" list or something, although some on there definitely would qualify with the more traditional definition.

Upon further inspection, I have no idea how Suzu Suzuki is included.

3 hours ago, nofuture said:

What many were dreading but Tsukasa Fujimoto will be taking an indefinite leave of absence after May 4th.

I'm waiting to see specifically what this means before worrying. "Leave of absence" isn't "retirement", after all.

If she does retire, though, good for her. Joshi careers are often short (except for your outliers that seem to come from 1990s Zenjo and JWP, of course), and she's been at this for fourteen years. She's done more than her fair share and given us so many great matches over the years. If she wants to move on to enjoy her private life, she's certainly earned that right. I figure anything else she chooses to give us is really a gift.

Tsukasa Fujimoto is taking an in-ring hiatus starting 5/4, the same date as Tsukushi's retirement. So not a retirement. Translation's a little fuzzy about whether she'll still be around in her staff role during her hiatus. Someone who knows Japanese better than me will need to chime in there because I'm stumped.

I can't recall if she's had any lengthy absences before, but like I mentioned, anything else we get from Tsukka is a gift. I hope she enjoys her time off, she's certainly earned it.

Also, Tae Honma announced she's coming back on 5/4, and Hikaru Shida stated that she'll be back for that one as well! 5/4 looks like it'll be a loaded show for Ice Ribbon.