DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Looking at TJPW posters, Rika seems part of the 4 pillars of TJPW now, along with the usuals like Miyu, Yuka, Shoko. However, I read from elsewhere online that Yuki Arai is being called the face of TJPW and the future Ace, so all those women will eventually be the top 5 of TJPW.

17 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Mai left Cosmic Angels and joined DDM.

No surprise there. I like it mostly because DDM finally has a fall girl and can take a few more losses. I also kind of like the idea of Giulia taking someone personally under her wing.

8 hours ago, nofuture said:

The pieces are in place for a DDM split, now lets so how long it takes to for them to pull the trigger.

I feel like the split coming won't be what some expect. Like I don't see them breaking in half to feud with Giulia taking the newbies and Syuri taking MaiHimePoi. I feel like Syuri sticks with Giulia while Natsupoi leaves to join Kairi, and Himeka leaves to become more of a singles. Maybe Maika follows Himeka, but I can easily see her sticking around, maybe form a team with MIRAI.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

AJPW's Evolution Girls division is set to debut at AJPW's Budokan show this year, keep in mind the trainee quit...so Tsukasa Fujimoto may have to debut as the first woman of Evo instead. They're still looking for trainees.

Giulia brought up Evo Girls and said "What happened to the Evolution Girls?" to one the reporters of TS, named Kenichiro Kosaka.

Edited by Blue Dragon

15 hours ago, Raziel said:

I mean, the only way its really a surprise if it isn't Kairi, right?

I'm expecting 2 surprises.  (no reason in particular)

Edited by Cleavy
updated spelling for Kairi in quote

5 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

New Blood  1

Kind of surprised they did a press conference so early with so little to reveal. Kid being part of the "new generation" feels odd with her hitting her 7th year anniversary in October. On the other hand up do have several women over 30 participating as well though all have less than 4 years experience. Curious to see who else participates. 

3 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

I am happy to see the fighters of the other promotions participating, I think it was said that Rossy wants any Stardom unit vs outside promotion.

That makes sense to me. He probably is still disappointed Stardom's Dream Slam didn't resemble the original to any decent degree.

• Like 1