DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

13 hours ago, ka-to said:

That's a pretty good reason why English speaking fans haven't noticed the change. Sounding the same, but loosing the meaning just adds to the goofy fun of Yoneyama.

They've said that because Western fans wouldn't really get "desu", they were sticking with Death, since she says "desu" constantly while using it to mean "death".
And Yoneyama approved Death for English speaking fans.

Also Fukigen is in Katakana, not Hiragana. Look at the official Stardom website. Gokigen was also Katakana.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, J.H. said:

I'm hoping that all the Saya skits area swerve and it isn't Kairi but rather ACT!

James

4 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Some think it's Saori Anou.

A part of me kind of wants a swerve, but I feel like no one else mentioned would make sense or be a big get unless they managed to pry away Io or Asuka from WWE.

3 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Tiger Queen has bigger arms than ASUKA/VENY. But now I know who she could be. I just need to see her in her new costume to be sure...

aHR0cHM6Ly9wYnMudHdpbWcuY29tL21lZGlhL0ZK

If they were really mean, they'd have multiple wrestlers with similar skills and builds rotate being the character just to mess with people.

• Like 2

For these sjits to work would require it to be someone that means something to Stardom OR a big name that changes the landscape of Joshi in terms of headline and Buzz. Kairi is the safe bet. The 3 that check the boxes for "meaning something to Stardom (who are available)" are Kairi, ACT or Yuzuki. A game changer would be... Nanae? I dunno...

James

10 hours ago, J.H. said:

For these sjits to work would require it to be someone that means something to Stardom OR a big name that changes the landscape of Joshi in terms of headline and Buzz. Kairi is the safe bet. The 3 that check the boxes for "meaning something to Stardom (who are available)" are Kairi, ACT or Yuzuki. A game changer would be... Nanae? I dunno...

James

real game changer would be the return of Kagetsu (not that I think that's the reveal)

Rossy said  a new woman could debut at the New Blood show. Wonder what happened to that trainee at ringside.

In other Joshi news, another Hana Kimura memorial show is happening this year. The shows name "Bagus" means best in Indonesia.

635f82c48539cf1fa5041b966305486f-450x321

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cleavy said:

real game changer would be the return of Kagetsu (not that I think that's the reveal)

I think one of the biggest losses Stardom has had the past few years is Kagetsu. Not even talking in the ring, but as a trainer and whatever other roles she took on backstage. She really seemed to help push the roster forward in and out of the ring. 

2 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Rossy said  a new woman could debut at the New Blood show. Wonder what happened to that trainee at ringside.

How many trainees have they had during the pandemic? Feels like there were at least 3-4, and none have debuted sans Lady C who I think started beforehand. It would be nice if they could keep more of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

How many trainees have they had during the pandemic? Feels like there were at least 3-4, and none have debuted sans Lady C who I think started beforehand. It would be nice if they could keep more of them.

If the trainees can't pass the training these days, then expect more nabbing of outside talent.

They already super rookied certain women, brought in and signed more women and are doing more interpromotional matches. They really want a bigger roster of women stars faster.

Edited by Blue Dragon

On 2/6/2022 at 11:26 AM, Blue Dragon said:

Tiger Queen has bigger arms than ASUKA/VENY. But now I know who she could be. I just need to see her in her new costume to be sure...

aHR0cHM6Ly9wYnMudHdpbWcuY29tL21lZGlhL0ZK

Ok, it took me a second to realize there a person behind Tiger Queen and not that she's extra thick ?

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Club Ice Ribbon's launch last night was super smooth on my end. No technical difficulties like I've had with Niconico same day delays. It was a nice little four match show, with a fun Tsukushi Haruka/Nao Ishikawa singles match going on third. I also think once Kaho Matsushita gets a year or so under her belt, her team with Asahi is going to be one to watch out for.