DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

5 hours ago, Blue Dragon said:

Giulia and Saya are expected to be Stardoms two top women in the future.

This has been my expectation. Others like Maika & Kid might have the potential to break through, but enough focus from the past two years has been on Saya & Giulia that its kind of obvious they hope the two will be leading the promotion in the years to come.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Hope none of them caught covid. That sucks so much. I feel sorry Tam since I think she would have won one of the title match slots for March for sure. I wonder if that is still on the line or not.

Presumably the loser of Mayu/Giulia will face Tam for the other title shot?

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Hope none of them caught covid. That sucks so much. I feel sorry Tam since I think she would have won one of the title match slots for March for sure. I wonder if that is still on the line or not.

"Poor physical condition" is joshi promotion code lately for "has COVID symptoms but is waiting on test results to confirm", it seems.

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Stardom uses it for all injuries and illnesses initially. 

So do most promotions. Unfortunately, considering how badly the pandemic has been going lately, when that many go out suddenly, you can pretty much count on potential COVID symptoms. It happened with Ice Ribbon's show last week (and it's why Ice Ribbon straight out cancelled their shows this weekend).

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

True though I suspect Stardom would be forced to do the same if that was a case considering how often the roster is likely around each other with how many shows they do each month and training.

Oh, they definitely would need to. It's just that when you see three or four wrestlers all go out at once, it's probably a safe assumption to see what's coming next. 

I think people are forgetting that COVID takes several days of incubation before symptoms can appear, and with vaccinations, you can still have it and be asymptomatic. Take Tsukasa Fujimoto's situation right now, for example. Tsukka just tested positive but has been asymptomatic the entire time.

Not to mention you can have days of negative tests and no symptoms, then suddenly come up positive, so even if everyone's testing regularly, it's troubling.

I really hope I'm wrong, and I really hope it's not COVID. I'm just saying, if you're a big Stardom fan, you might want to prepare for the worst for a couple of weeks.

Was not expecting that so soon. Figured it would be later in the year or even next year. 

Spoiler

Kind of suspected the reason they broke off to form the group was to work places like TJPW and Stardom, not necessarily join them, just pull off for some personal dream matches for themselves.

Edited by Eivion

Spoiler

I'm not surprised. Thekla did deathmatches/hardcore stuff with them in Ice Ribbon and other spots like FMW-E, so it wouldn't surprise me if this is a tradeoff. Get Prominence to do some shots for Stardom, Thekla and a couple of others guest on Prominence shows. Besides, Giulia takes fairly regular potshots at Ice Ribbon in the media, so I guess this is about as close as one can get to paying that off.

Spoiler

Giulia was bleeding.

Syuri (c) vs Giulia for the red belt championship, then whoever wins that bout faces Mayu.

The new mystery woman cannot wrestle in Stardom until her contract runs out. And she will appear at the upcoming Sumo hall shows.

18 minutes ago, Blue Dragon said:
  Hide contents

Giulia was bleeding.

Syuri (c) vs Giulia for the red belt championship, then whoever wins that bout faces Mayu.

The new mystery woman cannot wrestle in Stardom until her contract runs out. And she will appear at the upcoming Sumo hall shows.

Mystery Woman for the Sumo Hall shows.  I real kari care about that!

• Like 2

TJPW is killing me with this last hurrah for Bakuretsu Sisters in MAX HEART but c'mon they definitely wanna do Magical Sugar Rabbits v. Rika/Miu for the tag belts at the Anniversary show, right?

I honestly think the anniversary show is goingto have some upsets in the title matches but I'm usually wrong

James

To be fair, outside of Neo Bishiki-Gun, most of the current teams need a little time to develop. I mean you got Suzume and Arisi, Free WiFi and a few oters that need a liitle to build their chemistry.  Still, I think the MAX HEART finals result is obvious.

James