DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

See, I've had very little problem going about my bidness in free roam. It's a huge huge map. After doing a bunch of missions if you all spawn in the same spot, there is already sort of a code of conduct working: nobody attacks anyone to make sure nobody attacks them. I've had guys give me rides to ATMs to make sure we had a force to stop any one who was stupid enough to attack.

That's a big difference versus just spawing by yourself into a random server.  If you've played a group of missions with people, they're usually cool.  But most of the random people on here (like most games) are total fucking 12 year old tards and just run around griefing people or yelling racist/stupid shit into the mic, bascially any bad online player cliche you can think of.  That is why I go into invite/crew sessions, or, if I do get put into a public server, I live in Sandy Shores, so there's usually no one by me.

BTW you can deposit money to your bank account from your phone, it's a lot safer than standing by an ATM waiting to get robbed.

Y'know, if it looks like I might be creeping or otherwise coming for you, I can understand why you might take a shot at me. But if I spawn in your general vicinity (in this case, south of Fort Zancudo, where there was a big melee involving people going for jets,) stay hidden, and then try to drive off on the motorcycle I'd called for, and you shoot me in the back while I'm driving off, you've earned whatever response I come with.In this case, this included sniping the two people responsible as they tried to break into the base, sniping them AFTER they got into the base and were headed for a jet, putting a bounty on you to make the other randoms all turn on you, using Lester to hide me, etc. Whining into your mic about it is just going to make me laugh and keep doing it.

You have no idea how happy it makes me we are on the same side.So I've been trying to figure out a way they can make heists a bigger deal, and I think I got it. You have to be a minimum level 40 to participate for starters. Before the mission starts. You get a choice. Low Risk: Mission is played as usual. High Risk: If the mission is successful, and you survive, you get 10 times the take you would have got. If you die, you are dead. You have to start back at level 1.

See, I've had very little problem going about my bidness in free roam. It's a huge huge map. After doing a bunch of missions if you all spawn in the same spot, there is already sort of a code of conduct working: nobody attacks anyone to make sure nobody attacks them. I've had guys give me rides to ATMs to make sure we had a force to stop any one who was stupid enough to attack.

That's a big difference versus just spawing by yourself into a random server.  If you've played a group of missions with people, they're usually cool.  But most of the random people on here (like most games) are total fucking 12 year old tards and just run around griefing people or yelling racist/stupid shit into the mic, bascially any bad online player cliche you can think of.  That is why I go into invite/crew sessions, or, if I do get put into a public server, I live in Sandy Shores, so there's usually no one by me. BTW you can deposit money to your bank account from your phone, it's a lot safer than standing by an ATM waiting to get robbed.
You just blew my mind.

What Neil said.  I have gotten into the practice of initiating Invite Only or Crew Only sessions so that once we go back to Free Mode after completing a job or something, there's no retards around to gun us down while we are banking our cash.

There are level limits to intialize a mission but there are no level limits for invites.  I have been invited to so many missions while being four or five ranks below the cutoff that it is ridiculous.

Getting a garage or a low level apartment is worth it just because you will spawn in a safe zone if you end up on a public server.  Rockstar only just recently patched public servers so that you can't shoot anyone while they are shopping for clothes. 

Also, El Dragon, don't forget your free shit that you get if you are a Social Club member. Your online guy has a free sawed-off shotgun and an Elegy R8 sports car coming to him and all of your storyline guys get a free Assault SMG.

Y'know, if it looks like I might be creeping or otherwise coming for you, I can understand why you might take a shot at me. But if I spawn in your general vicinity (in this case, south of Fort Zancudo, where there was a big melee involving people going for jets,) stay hidden, and then try to drive off on the motorcycle I'd called for, and you shoot me in the back while I'm driving off, you've earned whatever response I come with.In this case, this included sniping the two people responsible as they tried to break into the base, sniping them AFTER they got into the base and were headed for a jet, putting a bounty on you to make the other randoms all turn on you, using Lester to hide me, etc. Whining into your mic about it is just going to make me laugh and keep doing it.

You have no idea how happy it makes me we are on the same side.So I've been trying to figure out a way they can make heists a bigger deal, and I think I got it. You have to be a minimum level 40 to participate for starters. Before the mission starts. You get a choice. Low Risk: Mission is played as usual. High Risk: If the mission is successful, and you survive, you get 10 times the take you would have got. If you die, you are dead. You have to start back at level 1.

That's a terrible idea IMO, no way people would be risking characters they've spent  20+ hours on.  Getting to level 10-15 is pretty easy, but level 40 is a pretty big time investment, which is worth way more than the money.

• Like 1

I was online with a buddy yesterday and we went into one of the clothing stores and some random guy comes in there and is just standing near me and when I go to exit he follows me out.  In hindsight I think it was just someone new to the game and didn't know what to do but as soon as I could equip my shotgun I blasted him in the chest.  If I don't know you, you should probably not come near me unless you have a headset on and can voice what you're doing before you get in range.  I don't trust random people. 

I went to rob a store the other day and there was another player who got there the same time I did. I was like "well, now what?" and he starts helping me with the robbery. I was like "uh, thanks dude," totally unaware that I could split the cash with the guy. I just got in my car and drove back to my nearby apartment and let him deal with the rain of police on his ass. I only found out later while doing some Internet surfing that I could split the cash with the guy. Whoops.

That's a terrible idea IMO, no way people would be risking characters they've spent  20+ hours on.  Getting to level 10-15 is pretty easy, but level 40 is a pretty big time investment, which is worth way more than the money.
I was just tossing a number out cause 25 seemed too low and 50 seemed too high.And that's why its an option: you don't HAVE to do it.

I went to rob a store the other day and there was another player who got there the same time I did. I was like "well, now what?" and he starts helping me with the robbery. I was like "uh, thanks dude," totally unaware that I could split the cash with the guy. I just got in my car and drove back to my nearby apartment and let him deal with the rain of police on his ass. I only found out later while doing some Internet surfing that I could split the cash with the guy. Whoops.

I get into those situations sometimes because I rarely use a headset unless I'm playing with friends or crew members. I was chasing a bounty last night and ended up in a place I didn't know existed. I wasn't paying much attention because I was focused on where the bounty guy was, but I believe it was a bank. It had a fully explorable interior.

Anyway, me and another person walked in at the same time with guns drawn, and ended up kind of standing there staring at each other until we determined we weren't going to shoot one another. I had my automatic shotgun out just in case.

Turns out the bounty guy was upstairs behind a door, hiding around the corner. I learned this quickly because he headshotted me the minute I stepped through the door. I went back and shot the door open. I was creeping up when I hear a beeping noise. This sly s.o.b. has a sticky bomb trap set for me. I lobbed a grenade in to set it off. Peep around the corner. Headshot again. Third time was a charm though. I'm definitely heading in there the next time I have a bounty if I can find the place again. Looks like a fun place to hole up when people are after you. Does anybody know the place I'm talking about? I don't know if I can find it again.

Also, I figured out a fun way to go out if something goes bad in a mission and you need to kill yourself. I was doing one of those "steal a truck from guys, drive it somewhere" missions with a level 136 (holy shit). He takes the truck and I stay back to kill dudes so they don't go after him. I get the message that he died and we're out of team lives. I haul ass to the truck and go to get in, but when he died, the driver's door was up against the concrete divider on the highway. Every time I get in the passenger side, I can't push the dead body out so it tosses me back out of the truck.

I try ramming it with other cars to no avail. I finally realize there's no way I can complete the mission so I decide to at least make a show out of it. I placed a sticky bomb on the side of the truck and then changed my quick action to "salute." I saddled up right in front of the bomb, turned to face the camera in case he was in cinematic view, saluted, and then blew the fucker sky high. If I had my mic on, I would have been playing Taps.

A minute later the guy sends a message saying "lol."

• Like 1

I get into those situations sometimes because I rarely use a headset unless I'm playing with friends or crew members. I was chasing a bounty last night and ended up in a place I didn't know existed. I wasn't paying much attention because I was focused on where the bounty guy was, but I believe it was a bank. It had a fully explorable interior. Anyway, me and another person walked in at the same time with guns drawn, and ended up kind of standing there staring at each other until we determined we weren't going to shoot one another. I had my automatic shotgun out just in case. Turns out the bounty guy was upstairs behind a door, hiding around the corner. I learned this quickly because he headshotted me the minute I stepped through the door. I went back and shot the door open. I was creeping up when I hear a beeping noise. This sly s.o.b. has a sticky bomb trap set for me. I lobbed a grenade in to set it off. Peep around the corner. Headshot again. Third time was a charm though. I'm definitely heading in there the next time I have a bounty if I can find the place again. Looks like a fun place to hole up when people are after you. Does anybody know the place I'm talking about? I don't know if I can find it again.   Also, I figured out a fun way to go out if something goes bad in a mission and you need to kill yourself. I was doing one of those "steal a truck from guys, drive it somewhere" missions with a level 136 (holy shit). He takes the truck and I stay back to kill dudes so they don't go after him. I get the message that he died and we're out of team lives. I haul ass to the truck and go to get in, but when he died, the driver's door was up against the concrete divider on the highway. Every time I get in the passenger side, I can't push the dead body out so it tosses me back out of the truck. I try ramming it with other cars to no avail. I finally realize there's no way I can complete the mission so I decide to at least make a show out of it. I placed a sticky bomb on the side of the truck and then changed my quick action to "salute." I saddled up right in front of the bomb, turned to face the camera in case he was in cinematic view, saluted, and then blew the fucker sky high. If I had my mic on, I would have been playing Taps. A minute later the guy sends a message saying "lol."
The bar has been raised.

20+ hours? I spent nearly that much this weekend ALONE. No way I'm risking a single one of my 79 levels.

I get into those situations sometimes because I rarely use a headset unless I'm playing with friends or crew members. I was chasing a bounty last night and ended up in a place I didn't know existed. I wasn't paying much attention because I was focused on where the bounty guy was, but I believe it was a bank. It had a fully explorable interior. Anyway, me and another person walked in at the same time with guns drawn, and ended up kind of standing there staring at each other until we determined we weren't going to shoot one another. I had my automatic shotgun out just in case. Turns out the bounty guy was upstairs behind a door, hiding around the corner. I learned this quickly because he headshotted me the minute I stepped through the door. I went back and shot the door open. I was creeping up when I hear a beeping noise. This sly s.o.b. has a sticky bomb trap set for me. I lobbed a grenade in to set it off. Peep around the corner. Headshot again. Third time was a charm though. I'm definitely heading in there the next time I have a bounty if I can find the place again. Looks like a fun place to hole up when people are after you. Does anybody know the place I'm talking about? I don't know if I can find it again.   Also, I figured out a fun way to go out if something goes bad in a mission and you need to kill yourself. I was doing one of those "steal a truck from guys, drive it somewhere" missions with a level 136 (holy shit). He takes the truck and I stay back to kill dudes so they don't go after him. I get the message that he died and we're out of team lives. I haul ass to the truck and go to get in, but when he died, the driver's door was up against the concrete divider on the highway. Every time I get in the passenger side, I can't push the dead body out so it tosses me back out of the truck. I try ramming it with other cars to no avail. I finally realize there's no way I can complete the mission so I decide to at least make a show out of it. I placed a sticky bomb on the side of the truck and then changed my quick action to "salute." I saddled up right in front of the bomb, turned to face the camera in case he was in cinematic view, saluted, and then blew the fucker sky high. If I had my mic on, I would have been playing Taps. A minute later the guy sends a message saying "lol."
The bar has been raised.

My boy, RUkered, is fucking crazy.  You will see this in action one day.

I think the best time I have ever had online was when RUkered, Mark, and I (I have no idea where Fresh was at the time) did like four or five missions filled with much bloodletting.... and then topped off the night playing golf.

Man this shit doesn't have the Ultimate Warrior or my fucking free money. Might not be leveling up much come tomorrow.

We need to go on an event filled crew murder spree that is worthy of an article in Flying Guillotine.

The iFruit app is finally out for Android.

This would interest me more if

1) I had any money to mod cars (blew all mine last night modding a Peyote)

2) I had any interest at all in training Chop.  I've never played/used him outside any of the story missions that require it.

• Like 1

It is always good to pull off jobs with crew members.

WE STOLE A CARGO PLANE~!

Or rather Dragon did. Mark. Cyberinsekt and I got smoked in the initial assault but managed to serve as enough of a distraction for Dragon managed to make off with the plane.  I thought for sure that he was going to nose it into the ground or crash into the Vinewood sign, but he dropped a perfect landing and earned us all some serious dollarz.

A couple more jobs and I can afford to buy the $230K-ish apartment in the middle of Los Santos.  I will burn my stimuli cash on something else, provided that it arrives at all.

We also hit the Lost for Trevor.... again... and stole a shipment of stolen wind turbine parts.  Cyberinsekt aka dok is fucking Rank 80.  He shames me with his good driving and excellent racing skills.

I set a goal of getting up to $700K tonight. Made $80K in about 80 minutes. Wasn't even racing and stuff to ground it out. Big bounties, one $9K one practically falling into my lap, a couple cars for Simeon, and a $25K Lester mission where the only speed bump was the other guy on the mission tried like 3 or 4 times to hack and failed, so I pushed him out of the way and did it myself first try. Had West Coast Classics on the whole time.

Fool. You know how we do it.

I just realized we didn't even cover my favorite moment of the run tonight.

The first mission we did was just me, Mark, and J.T., and it was a "steal a tanker" mission. The cops were all over Mark who was driving, and I was in a Hummer trying to run support with J.T. behind on ground support. We are on the highway and Mark manages to get free going into a spot were it goes one lane, and I take my chance to buy him time by blocking the lane with my hummer and getting out for support.

This is where it got even more amusing due to perspective. Mark and J.T. both have to make a trip around again when they have no wanted level, and there is this gigantic pile up with all sorts of cars, though mostly cop. You see, since my mic didn't work, I had no way of telling them what was going on. During this, I proceed to hold out for a good 4-5 minutes from this position, and all sorts of fun things transpired. I got up to 4 star wanted level, had multiple choppers against me, in which I shot a good 5-6 SWAT guys out of the side of the plane before they could rappel down, so they instead fell to their death. I shot the pilot of one of the Choppers sending it plummeting and crashing down into a cop car. They finally end up taking me down, but the mission is already passed at that point: No wanted level on the tanker, because the entire LCPD police force is caught up with little old me.

J.T. and Mark didn't realize what had went down until we got to the end mission screen... which shows me and my 37 kills to 1 death. They both burst out laughing.

• Like 2

That was fucking great. 

I bought my $200K+ apartment before signing off.  It's sweet but no sign of a planning board.  Either the elite apartments have them or heists will work some other way.  I love my ten car garage.  I stole a Mammoth (with roof lights!) to serve as my temporary SUV until I can get my hands on a Dubsta or a Balla.

I kept my patriot and sold the balla, since its worth more. Plus, i see so many humvees at work, i need to have one.

It was crazy going by the airport and seeing that jillion car pine up and all the cops being held off. And i just right by since i had lost my wanted level.

I have noticed that I am winless in parachuting and deathmatches.  I must change this trend.

I have an auto appointment this afternoon so I will be on a little later than usual.

Someone remind me that I need to take a selfie of our crew tonight after we finish our last job if there is more than two of us in the unit.

If you are looking for a Balla, do one of Gerald's missions.  Usually the guys holding the coke or whatever you need to steal will have one.  You can sell them at LSC for $9K a pop, which is the real payoff money wise of those missions.

I think Dom is this game's Zero.  So fucking annoying, both the character and the missions.

Where is a helicopter at the Los Santos airport?  I needed to get one to get to the top of the Maze building so I could parachute onto a moving truck with Dom (blech) and I couldn't find one.  I ended up stealing a medical copter from the roof of the hospital I was sent to after getting into a firefight with the cops at the airport.