DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

We had a guy like that last night, where it got to the the point where you almost wanted to let him kill you, just to see what the score was. 25-3 at the end I think. And then I checked and he was level 6.

So I'm on late last night, and thankfully I get three easy objectives, steal cars, run a land race, and golf.  

Do the cars, then did Taking Off since it's so easy, thinking it'll drop me at the airport and then I can just helicopter over to the golf course.

So I drop in after the race and some ass and his friend "Shaggy2Dope420" or something (instant death sentence for being a juggalo) are running around with an armored car.

I don't like armored cars.

Took a couple of tries, but I finally baited them out by where the helicopters spawn on the tarmac.

He sees me, heads for me.  I pull out the rocket launcher.  

Bearing down, I know I've got one shot. 

Ready...  He's 100 ft away.

Aim...  50 ft.

I see the whites of their stupid eyes.

I fire a rocket into their stupid eyes.

All 3 of us die. 

"Ooooooh you fucking faggot."

I shot him 3 more times for that.   

All this faggot wanted to do was go play golf.

• Like 4

We had a guy like that last night, where it got to the the point where you almost wanted to let him kill you, just to see what the score was. 25-3 at the end I think. And then I checked and he was level 6.

Sure, you may have gotten 25 on him, but now you're out $87 for wrecking his Sanchez.

• Like 2

I know Robert and Mel have done that on several occasions - walked up to someone and tried to punch them or something knowing they'd die so they could check the score. I really wanted to do that one night fighting this one dude, but I thought it was so much funnier that no matter how much he tried, he was never gonna kill me. Never. And he didn't.

You know, I never pay much attention to dudes' names. I laugh about them occasionally, but that's it. I did go into one room last night with no real malice in mind - just wanted to see if I could do some of those police challenges or steal some Simeon cars or whatnot, just goofing around - when there was a dude who had some problem with his headphones or something so that whatever was on his game audio was BLARING through the game chat, constantly. He never said a word. That got an immediate waypoint set on him.

He ran into his apartment, audio still blaring, so I said "screw it" and left. I go into another room and hear this in the game chat:

Person 1: Anybody got a mic? (long pause) Anybody got a mic?

Person 2: Yeah, I got a mic

End of conversation. Not another word was said by anybody. I was a bit puzzled by that. Some dude left his Adder parked outside a clothing store while he was shopping, and I chucked a proximity mine on it by instinct until I thought of 16 days with the sisters, so I quit the game before the mine could blow up.

• Like 2

I know Robert and Mel have done that on several occasions - walked up to someone and tried to punch them or something knowing they'd die so they could check the score. I really wanted to do that one night fighting this one dude, but I thought it was so much funnier that no matter how much he tried, he was never gonna kill me. Never. And he didn't.

You know, I never pay much attention to dudes' names. I laugh about them occasionally, but that's it. I did go into one room last night with no real malice in mind - just wanted to see if I could do some of those police challenges or steal some Simeon cars or whatnot, just goofing around - when there was a dude who had some problem with his headphones or something so that whatever was on his game audio was BLARING through the game chat, constantly. He never said a word. That got an immediate waypoint set on him.

He ran into his apartment, audio still blaring, so I said "screw it" and left. I go into another room and hear this in the game chat:

Person 1: Anybody got a mic? (long pause) Anybody got a mic?

Person 2: Yeah, I got a mic

End of conversation. Not another word was said by anybody. I was a bit puzzled by that. Some dude left his Adder parked outside a clothing store while he was shopping, and I chucked a proximity mine on it by instinct until I thought of 16 days with the sisters, so I quit the game before the mine could blow up.

You're a reformed man.

I really, really need to shoot things tonight, but it ain't gonna happen.

I just had the best fucking time in Freemode, it was awesome.

I join a room, and I'm in there about 10 seconds when I hear this little kid just talking an incredible amount of shit, calling a guy a fag and a pussy and all this stupid shit, so I check to see who it is and he's a Level 30. This will not do. So I set a waypoint and join the guy he's been messing with and whip him around a bit.

The kid keeps talking shit and keeps talking shit and keeps talking shit until six complete strangers have him surrounded, kicking his ass. There may have been two dudes who knew each other. All of us were united by a common goal of kicking this little kid's ass. He continues to talk shit, even though he hasn't killed anyone for ages now and his major offensive move is to wait until we're closing in on him and then kill himself.

But people didn't really have the eye of the tiger - I was allah akbaring the kid out of his shoes, so he challenges me to a 1-on-1. I point out to the rest of the chat that he can't see their blips now, and only one dude took advantage of the situation.

See, that's where I missed my damn crew - we would've been all over that kid like a rash, like someone had poured a 50-gallon barrel of chum into a shark tank. We would've sliced, diced, chopped, pureed and julienned that little bastard with a quickness.

• Like 4

Had an interesting mugging a short while ago. I went to go for a round of darts, as one of my objectives and the first guy sitting at the bar jumps up as I enter and shanks me. The funny thing was that when I came to and tried to chase him down, he hadn't even escaped and was crouched down in fear next to the door.

Watching Castle before the NBA playoffs - and what an awful, awful, awful show that is - but they just had a shootout on the Santa Monica Pier and I'm like "I've been there. Wait, not really, but sorta. Kinda."

• Like 2