DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I like blowing shit up.

I figured I was far enough away to be safe after blowing up that last car full of enemies, then see the explosion and that fucking trailer flew right over my head before crashing down.

Needless to say, the 2nd explosion I got way far the fuck out of the way.

Then I practically got blown up by Phil randomly exploding stuff as I did donuts around the airport to kill time.  I'm assuming it was because of my sideburns.

No No - Chris is right

After the Titan left I got bored and figured "Hey - maybe I can get credit for blowing up a vehicle" so I sticky bombed some of the Meriweather vehicles

This was at the same time that other people died fucking around too

Was that when Dolfan and I were in the little plane and he starts putting on an air show, to the usual result of when someone puts on an air show?

I knew it was coming, and was just waiting for it to happen. "We're gonna crash, and it is gonna be funny."

• Like 1

I guess with y'all I gotta be clearer on which explosions I meant.  They do seem to be a common occurrence after all.  I was referring to the second series of explosions, after we had cleared out the hanger, but before the Titan had taken off.

Was that when Dolfan and I were in the little plane and he starts putting on an air show, to the usual result of when someone puts on an air show?

I knew it was coming, and was just waiting for it to happen. "We're gonna crash, and it is gonna be funny."

And let's not forget about Robert backing up the Titan until it slammed against the back of the hanger and the entire chat getting completely silent waiting for a massive explosion and another mission failure.

That whole mission was such a fun clusterfuck.

I like blowing shit up.

Yeah, generally when I hear explosives going off, my first thought is "Mis."

I cracked WAY up last night when Mis and I were delivering the meth to Trevor in Method in the Madness and while I'm delivering the meth, MIs is about five steps away from finishing the mission RPGing various NPCs.

Cracks me up when, in an invite-only room, mind you, he has about 2000 cop cars and choppers following him.

The cunt* called me an asshole, the only appropriate response is to blow up their suv. Edited by misanthrope304

You guys are having way too much fun in my absence.  I will be back in the hunt next Tuesday.

Completed Blitz Play again.   Scored the necessary headshots and executed ten switches but my weapons accuracy was only about 50-ish percent.  Firefight was too intense to mess around and I didn't feel like failing the mission, so I had Franklin and Michael use assault rifles (I had Mike use the Special Carbine Franklin use the Bullpup Rifle when I switched to them) and was happy with my Silver medal.

Found all ten Epsilon Tracts and used the Swift to get to them all in game.  Nice chopper!

Also found all 30 Submarine parts and exacted poetic justice upon Abigail... mostly for her not paying me. I followed her this time to see where she'd go and unsurprisingly she went straight to the airport instead of the FiB.  I sticky bombed her car just as she called the transit cops on me at LSA

A shark nearly got me when I was inches from the last submarine piece.  I nearly shat a brick.

"Hey gauys" glad to see all the posts. It does my heart good to see them and to know "my city" is in good hands. Much love to ya my brothers. Miss playin but love bein on vacation. The mayor needs a week off from time to time. I'll be back annoying your asses before ya know it. Enjoy your time away from the monkey from the mayor from the 2 beer bozo but just know although I may be gone I'm not forgotten (at least I hope) catch ya when this sum bitch gets back to Amurica mane....war, hate, and anger my peeps and as always keep your noses and the streets clean and your hands and guns dirty.

• Like 2

I get a bounty put on me for stealing a car. Some level 74 goes after it.

He eats a shotgun to the face. That's 1-0 for the home team.

He gets sniped. 2-0.

He gets sniped. 3-0.

A long standoff ensues. He finally gets tired of waiting and peers over the bridge at me at the underpass. Eats a rifle barrage. 4-0.

I'm still under the underpass. He gets directly above me. Call Merriweather, airstrike, 5-0.

He's gettiing ready to peer down from the other side of the bridge, where I will make him eat another rifle barrage, when DAMMIT, network error, I get kicked off.

It's beyond me how I can do some of my best Freemode work when no one from the crew's around and play kinda lousy when they are. Anybody who got near me got their ass busted whle I ran around getting every Kill Target that came along. My undoing was going for an armored truck and getting out of position and not pulling out an RPG in time to kill a guy who was cheesed I got to the armored truck first (even though no money fell out of it).

Edit: And then sometimes you're the nail. I get into another room that's uncrowded. I see four dudes in the same vehicle, I'm betting it's a chopper. I think it'll be fun to go try to take them out.

I catch up to them, and only one dude's in a chopper. The other three are on the ground. One sticks a boot so far up my ass I'm scheduled for surgery to remove it - he had me 9-2, and my only 2 kills were double kills.

So a Simeon car pops up, and I think, "OK, that's it. I go get the Simeon car, they leave me alone, everyone's a winner." So I get in a car and the first guy tags off to another one of them, who starts blowing up any vehicle I try to get in.

"Damn, I'm in a tight spot."

I manage to get in another vehicle and notice I'm passing new faces, all of whom are shooting at me and none of whom are shooting at the dudes chasing me around killing me repeatedly. A check of the room's roster is in order.

Yep. Seven guys in the room, counting me. Six of those seven were in the same crew. The one who wasn't didn't stick around any longer after that. The experience summed up in 15 seconds:

• Like 2

Story Mode V. 2.0 recap.

The Mr. Richards mission can eat a bag of shit. 

I think that you have to score stealth takedowns on certain NPC's for them to count towards the Silent Assassin criteria for Gold   I scored three successful Stealth Takedowns but one of them was not on one of guys dressed like a maintainence worker.

And If you so much as get a tiny scratch on one rotor blade of the Frogger, you can't credit for Perfect Touchdown.  I am good enough in melee combat to avoid getting hit by Rocco about 70% of the time.

You guys are having way too much fun in my absence. I will be back in the hunt next Tuesday.

And thats when i start nights. Prob no TNT or Jobber Thursdays until we switch to our 12-hr shifts and get days off in the middle of the week.

I get a bounty put on me for stealing a car. Some level 74 goes after it.

He eats a shotgun to the face. That's 1-0 for the home team.

He gets sniped. 2-0.

He gets sniped. 3-0.

A long standoff ensues. He finally gets tired of waiting and peers over the bridge at me at the underpass. Eats a rifle barrage. 4-0.

I'm still under the underpass. He gets directly above me. Call Merriweather, airstrike, 5-0.

He's gettiing ready to peer down from the other side of the bridge, where I will make him eat another rifle barrage, when DAMMIT, network error, I get kicked off.

It's beyond me how I can do some of my best Freemode work when no one from the crew's around and play kinda lousy when they are. Anybody who got near me got their ass busted whle I ran around getting every Kill Target that came along. My undoing was going for an armored truck and getting out of position and not pulling out an RPG in time to kill a guy who was cheesed I got to the armored truck first (even though no money fell out of it).

Edit: And then sometimes you're the nail. I get into another room that's uncrowded. I see four dudes in the same vehicle, I'm betting it's a chopper. I think it'll be fun to go try to take them out.

I catch up to them, and only one dude's in a chopper. The other three are on the ground. One sticks a boot so far up my ass I'm scheduled for surgery to remove it - he had me 9-2, and my only 2 kills were double kills.

So a Simeon car pops up, and I think, "OK, that's it. I go get the Simeon car, they leave me alone, everyone's a winner." So I get in a car and the first guy tags off to another one of them, who starts blowing up any vehicle I try to get in.

"Damn, I'm in a tight spot."

I manage to get in another vehicle and notice I'm passing new faces, all of whom are shooting at me and none of whom are shooting at the dudes chasing me around killing me repeatedly. A check of the room's roster is in order.

Yep. Seven guys in the room, counting me. Six of those seven were in the same crew. The one who wasn't didn't stick around any longer after that. The experience summed up in 15 seconds:

I had a similar experience. I signed on early yesterday and no one else was on, so I decided to brave freemode by myself. The whole time I'm thinking "why the shit can't I play like this when someone is around to see me?" I got into a scruff with a couple crew members, and they were pretty good. It started when one of them blew me up with a Buzzard. Sorry, Buzz-ard. The guy landed on a building to snipe. I got my Mallard I bought during the money heyday because I hadn't flown it in a while. The guy sees what I'm doing and gives chase. I managed to avoid his rockets for several minutes, but he finally got me. I realized playing rocket-dodge might be my new favorite activity. Anyway, I respawn and look for him from the ground. I just baaaaarely see his head poking over the edge of the roof and blew his ass away.

I then go into Ammunation to stock up. As I'm buying ammo, I see the shop owner fall to the floor. I turn around, and this asshole is shooting through the door. I can't do shit except die. He decides to hole up in there, so I line the door with sticky bombs and wait. He didn't come out, so I walked in the back to find him standing in the gun range, doing the slow clap. I walk out, and here come the mercenaries. I take them all out, but the cops get me.

Long story short, there was some back and forth with me, him, and his buddy. I did manage to snipe him about four times while he was trying to kill me with a minigun.

Later on, I'm watching the map and see them picking on some low level guy who's trying to get a Simeon car. One flies down to the docks to intercept, while the other is chasing the kid in the car. The kid seems to be handling the guy chasing him pretty well, so I decide to fly down to the docks and try to hold the guy off so the kid can deliver the car. I failed - the guy blew up the Simeon car, and the kid I was trying to help shot me. So much for trying to be the good guy, right?

So, I sent the kid a message saying, "I was trying to help. I've been fighting those guys too." Then I proceeded to wear his level 24 ass out as penance.

Much like the message I just received saying I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day, that kid made me reach my quota of being a friendly in GTA. I went from being helpful to a complete dickhead in about 3 minutes flat.

• Like 4

Freemode's fun by myself (most times) 'cause it's a completely different mindset. If it's the crew in a room, it's find a dot, exterminate, find a dot, exterminate.

By yourself, you have to pick your battles. I like leaving my garage, going to the roof of the garage and sniping anyone who gets near that right-hand Los Santos Customs. They then come after me, and that's their ass. I stand on the roof and carpet bomb them with grenades from my grenade launcher until they start thinking "I need this not" and drive away.

Some get shot multiple times. I was on the roof once when this guy hides his blip. I'm like "dumbass, he's gotta be coming up here and I'm gonna see and hear him coming." Sure enough, I hear him coming up the ladder. Boom.

I'm a big fan of chasing Simeon cars and Kill Target, and I usually run into some resistance doing that. Stealing a Kill Target from another player who was closer to him than me is one of my favorite things to do in the game.

• Like 2

Having numbers on your side makes you brave and reckless.  It is natural to be overconfident when rolling with DVDR since we are all genocidal maniacs that are disturbingly exceptional at what we do.  Our urban combat tactics dishearten people to the point of cowardice or extreme revenge.  People either rage quit,  come back at us with tanks and jets, or use glitches.

I am a lot more calculating when I am solo in free mode.  I never drive my own vehicles and the ones I'm in are usually fitted with some sort of explosive device. Killing people with car bombs is my favorite thing to do in the game.

Most of my Trust No One kills came from "fleeing away on foot" and blowing up the person that was trying to run me over in the car I had been driving.

I am ashamed to say that I target squeakers on purpose.  I take pride in griefing kids whose parents obviously have no clue what they buy for their children.  Their language is usually more offensive than the adults that play this game.

I almost always seem to do better with crew.  I think the reason is probably my preferred strategy of "hey, there's 6 red dots over there, I'm gonna go piss em all off".  That usually works better with somebody else around to prevent me getting spawn sniped. 

I can usually hold my own when I do that solo, but I've got my ass whipped a few times doing it.  I think my finest freemode accomplishment so far has been charging into a group of 4 on the pier and driving all four of them into passive.  Wound up with at least 50 kills, mainly sniper kills after we all spawned on the beach.  Killed two of them with one heavy sniper shot as they tried to escape on a jetski.  Last guy got sniped about 15 times in a row.  He managed to get into his personal Banshee near one of those little ponds on the beach.  I did the old shoot him out of the car and leave him a sticky bomb surprise.  That was his final straw.

• Like 1

I almost always seem to do better with crew. 

Same here.  For as long as I have played this game, I have only seen three or four crews actually protect one another in free mode.   I think we do so well because we embrace the alien concept of looking out for each other.

To this day, the only crew that I think has really given us a run for our money was the former Church of Satan.

I almost always seem to do better with crew. 

Same here.  For as long as I have played this game, I have only seen three or four crews actually protect one another in free mode.   I think we do so well because we embrace the alien concept of looking out for each other.

To this day, the only crew that I think has really given us a run for our money was the former Church of Satan.

We were handling them fine till Jet Boy/Jet Girl showed up.  Afterwards, not so much.

Aahhh yeah college fooseball kicks off tonight Im right there with ya Robert mon'. To bad I'll miss my vols on Sunday though. GO GAMECOCKS tonight though oops I mean aggies.

EDIT: SUNNOVA BITCH I don't have sec network down here. A bunch of feut'ball (soccer) is on but no by God Amurica football. Oh well guess I'll just drink more beer or rum or beer and rum (steel top)