DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Melraz says that tonight's gonna be the night....that's right tonight's gonna be the night to lay the smack down on all the candy ass white dots that's roamin round our city. This is the 1 night of my 12 day vacation that the mayor is gonna be whippin ass not takin names and whippin ass that's right WHIPPIN ASS all over Los Santos, turnin into a red dot and darin every other sum bitch to come n get some. So gather up your guns boys and meet this bad assed bastard in the streets to form the best dalm group of mercenaries this town has ever seen. WE ARE THE D.V.D.R. AND WE ARE THAT DALM GOOD and for all the non believers out there we got two words for ya.

P.S. All of this is determined by if I don't pass out by 8pm.

• Like 3

Melraz says that tonight's gonna be the night....that's right tonight's gonna be the night to lay the smack down on all the candy ass white dots that's roamin round our city. This is the 1 night of my 12 day vacation that the mayor is gonna be whippin ass not takin names and whippin ass that's right WHIPPIN ASS all over Los Santos, turnin into a red dot and darin every other sum bitch to come n get some. So gather up your guns boys and meet this bad assed bastard in the streets to form the best dalm group of mercenaries this town has ever seen. WE ARE THE D.V.D.R. AND WE ARE THAT DALM GOOD and for all the non believers out there we got two words for ya.

...this guy makes me wanna blow my 'buying a new computer' budget to buy an Xbox 360 and a 2nd copy of GTA V.

• Like 4

...this guy makes me wanna blow my 'buying a new computer' budget to buy an Xbox 360 and a 2nd copy of GTA V.

It would be well worth it too.  Especially around the time beer #2 hits.

Who here is able to not read that in Mel's promo voice? Not me.

For added effect, immediately switch to his "I'm seeing 3 white dots" voice for that last line.

Yeah, I lost that ability a long time ago. Makes his posts that much better.

• Like 1

Hell I'm already seein double I may be busy round the house on vacation but I'm still drinkin my "2 beer" a day. Started on my first one about 10 this am. But it'll be alright cause I've got two guns one for each of em.

I'd love to have ya both on xbox man. When gta drops in price I'm wantin to get it for ps3. Gotta different user name though but if I get it I'll definitely letcha know and we'll be the tri-fecta whoop ass rolling death of destruction my brother. Ain't no sum bitch walkin the streets of Los Santos that can take on 1 of the D.V.D.R you get 3 together and it's a mass fuckin genocide

I should be on in the next 30 minutes

I might tweak and publish my race first - just so you guys can make fun of me for it.

But cheap RP points are cheap RP points

I cannot get home quick enough today to witness us all begin our long, glorious descent into psychotic mental health...

edt: WHOA WHOA WHOA!

I'm not sure how we missed this for this long, but apparently, JAZZ HANDS and a SLOW CLAP are new victory celebrations. 

• Like 1

Shit rippa I bet it's good dude I Wanna play it man. I'll be on hopefully around 9. I've made a couple death matches I KNOW one of em sucks arse but im actually wantin to try the other one when we have a full slobber knocker room of people.

My internet sucks...just when I was getting close to that perfect shade of red too....I may be on a bit later.  Seems like my connection acts better later at night when there's less chatter on the phone lines.  Stupid dsl.  

There's a storm blowing through too, and I have to get dinner fixed.

Hate the way the radar turns red every time you fire a gun, so distracting.

The vehicles that were previously free from other updates cost money now. Who is going to pay for a Rat Loader?

New gun seems okay but not worth the cash.

Rooftop Rumble is kinda annoying now. They don't spawn you right by the garage. Crystal Clear Out 3 is still my go to mission for quick cash.

Made enough to buy a condo in the city. The cheap $150K one I got seems about the same as the $400K one I used to have, minus 4 more cars in the garage that I would never use anyway.

I bought the 10 car garage down by the airport, which will likely be just a place to keep Ballas and Oracles to sell at a later date.

That one new DM was pretty decent, perhaps because we had a small number doing it.

Definitely need to remove Observatory from the rotation.

That one new DM was pretty decent, perhaps because we had a small number doing it.

Are you talking about the one that basically was just the length of one city block that was just littered with cars and emergency vehicles or the first one we did that was giant with the random helicopters. I enjoyed both for different reasons.

The first one I would like to do again with more than 6 of us because that map was too big for a group that small.

And melraz's deathmatch was great in it's simplicity. I am kicking myself for not thinking of a similar idea.

• Like 1

The new rifle and the new motorcycle are great.

Mental State stat is kinda bogus because it affects matchmaking.  Your mental state shifts if you cause any property damage, kill NPCs, or engage in PVP, so you will eventually be put in rooms with griefers even if you are not a griefer yourself.. 

On the plus side, It resets every two game days (48 minutes roughly).  Not sure if that is a constant two game days or if it takes log-off time into play like Story Mode does when you are online. 

Melraz, Robert & I continued to wage war in Free Mode after most of the unit left.  It took about 40 minutes but we were finally the last crew standing in our session after a fierce helicopter dogfight over Sandy Shores Airfield.  It should not surprise you that Melraz's dot is about as red as you can get.

Melraz and I had no problems with the new Rooftop Rumble even when set on hard.  Dry Docking, however, kicked our asses.  Our respective beer consumption may have been a factor.

Perhaps I am biased, but the two 360 DVDR deathmatches I've been in fucking rule all over most Rockstar Verified crap like the Pad of Retards or Paintball. 

Mark's golf course deathmatch is wonderfully tweaked and ornate and Melraz's Wild West shootout is badass because it sticks to the basics and the map compliments the available weapons.

Definitely need to remove Observatory from the rotation

No, there is nothing wrong with the map.  Our attack was disorganized.  We had our own sniper rifles and forgot that we could've just camped at the top of the Observatory and picked off anyone hiding behind at the wall and set up guys at the stairs to prevent flanking. 

They knew when to lay in wait and they knew when to run and gun. They had the better tactics and deserved to win.

I am not worried.  I have had a 13-2 deathmatch run or two in my day and it will be some one else's turn to be the nail real soon.  Wigs will get split.

• Like 1

Are you talking about the one that basically was just the length of one city block that was just littered with cars and emergency vehicles or the first one we did that was giant with the random helicopters. I enjoyed both for different reasons.

The first one I would like to do again with more than 6 of us because that map was too big for a group that small.

And melraz's deathmatch was great in it's simplicity. I am kicking myself for not thinking of a similar idea.

I meant the emergency vehicles one. The other was okay too, since there were plenty of sniping opportunities.

I liked the new motor bike and the rifle. I may get one of the new cars.

I never made it to the clothes shop to see what might be new for the lasses.

San Andreas Riots may be my new favorite non DVD deathmatch.

I don't think there were any new clothing options for female toons this time around.  Only fitted suits for guys.

Chicken Drifting and Simply Sanchez are really good player created bike races.

Thanks to Melraz and Jstout and me generally being all REGULATORS~! and shit, I am trying to function on maybe three hours of sleep.  

Good thing I've got this stash of 5-Hour Energy, coffee, and Clif Bars at my desk.

• Like 1

My point with Observatory now is - and I said this last night - is if we are going to play the just camp and wait game - that is what LTS are for and we (or at least most of us) can get the bonus RP and cash for doing something for the first time.

My point with Observatory now is - and I said this last night - is if we are going to play the just camp and wait game - that is what LTS are for and we (or at least most of us) can get the bonus RP and cash for doing something for the first time.

We just had the wrong tactics.   Things would've been different if we just took the roof of the observatory and held position or positioned a sniper or two of our own at the wall opposite theirs on the other side of the parking lot.

I think our team has played so many Forced+Pickups matches on that map that forgot we had our own personal weapons in our possession including sniper rifles, grenade launchers and RPGs to nail the guys camping at the wall.

Lessons learned.  

I like deathmatches but I am not terribly fond of the LTS set-up since I tend to die more because of wonky covering mechanics than because of a mental lapse or bad timing.  If there is one thing I love about LTS, it is the opportunity to use tactics.  I have a ridiculous amount of patience so I enjoy the waiting game that LTS matches turn into.

Whenever I have used wait and see tactics, I've won LTS and whenever I have gone after another player, I have gotten shot.

I was trying to throw grenades up top to hit them. Dan said i was just not throwing them accurately and the i got killed before i could throw them again.

I think there were at least two DM last night where i got 0 kills: observatory and another one.

I dont know if weve had a recent DM that was as lopsided as observatory last night. Usually we are within spitting distance or as was case last night, tied with one kill needed to win.