DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Oh I know

Thank God - Mass Effect doesn't have a Kill/Death Ratio (or at least publish it)

In hindsight - one of my favorite things about the evening is that one match where suddenly everyone gets quiet. Like shit got real serious real quick.

Or in my case - I am raging and can't formulating the words I want to use to express my hate for the map at the moment.

• Like 2

By the end of most deathmatches, i am quiet with rage usaully becauee i keep getting killed in stupid ways and or i get killed by people i have repeatedly shot first or missed my objective for a dumb reason.

On a completely different matter

One of the guys at work asked why they dont show yoursl speedometer while driving. They have the data but dont display it. I had no answer for him.

• Like 1

Oh I know

Thank God - Mass Effect doesn't have a Kill/Death Ratio (or at least publish it)

In hindsight - one of my favorite things about the evening is that one match where suddenly everyone gets quiet. Like shit got real serious real quick.

Or in my case - I am raging and can't formulating the words I want to use to express my hate for the map at the moment.

Yeah, nearly all of the deathmatch maps hated me last night.  I kinda enjoyed the layout of Gentry Manor though.

Things got really competitive last night.  I was determined to win at something on my own and I am surprised it was the GTA Race. I usually suck at those.  You could probably tell I was frustrated with my own crappy gameplay in previous matches during the GTA Race.  Normally I don't fire a single shot during those deals and try to race clean, but I rocketed at least five people to death in the course of my victory.

By the end of most deathmatches, i am quiet with rage usaully becauee i keep getting killed in stupid ways and or i get killed by people i have repeatedly shot first or missed my objective for a dumb reason.

On a completely different matter

One of the guys at work asked why they dont show yoursl speedometer while driving. They have the data but dont display it. I had no answer for him.

Yeah, there were times where I wouldn't take cover where I wanted to or would reload at the worst times.  I guess it was my time to be the nail instead of the hammer.

To be honest, I don't even bother with completing the objective if it is something dumb like running someone over with a vehicle.

The thing about the speedometer is a good observation.

Eh, I seriously doubt anyone's PITing you on purpose, it's just racing for position and being not-so-good drivers. At least that's the case with me. I bang into people all the time when I'm right behind them and they slow down even a bit for something, and that causes a chain reaction. And always remember, rubbin's racin'.

Plus, you gotta remember that maybe someone had just hit a speed boost and their car was absolutely out of control. This happened to me a couple of times.

I'll try not to PIT people during a GTA race, but if I can blow you up with a rocket, I will. That one got hectic because we got broken up into clusters and some of us were going one way down a street at the same time others were going down the same street in the opposite direction.

Tempers never flare for me at all - I get frustrated at myself, but that's it. I was all quiet last night because I was occasionally on teams that on paper would have (cue Mr. McMahon music) no chance in hell of winning, and we hung in there until the very end.

Oh, I know that no one PIT's anyone on purpose when we're all racing and it is not like I haven't performed the odd bumper nudge myself. :)

I don't get annoyed with anyone. I get annoyed with my own gameplay, especially in deathmatches because I like them and I know I can do better.  It is more frustrating if it is a team deathmatch, because i feel that I am not pulling my own weight.

I don't pay attention to the odds or who may or may not win on paper.  We're all getting pretty adept at killing one another rather efficiently.  I don't count anyone out.  Mark always says he hates deathmatches, but give him a sniper rifle and a dark corner and he is a fucking terror.

Tactics have served me well in the bast but they aren't quite cutting it anymore.  I am just going to have to raise my own bar and master this combat roll thing so I can continue to compete.

Oh, I know that no one PIT's anyone on purpose when we're all racing and it is not like I haven't performed the odd barrier nudge myself. :)

I don't get annoyed with anyone. I get annoyed with my own gameplay, especially in deathmatches because I like them and I know I can do better.  It is more frustrating if it is a team deathmatch, because i feel that I am not pulling my own weight.

I am but a fart in the wind in a deathmatch. I'll go 0 kills, 15 deaths in one deathmatch, then do respectably in another. I don't mind not pulling my own weight with you guys, 'cause we're just playin' for fun, but I do get kinda self-conscious about it when I'm getting spanked in a match with randoms.

Before the happy 2X period ended, I played on a Capture team with Robert and a bunch of randoms and I kicked ass, then got into another capture right after that and just got obliterated over and over again to the point of "God, is this over yet? Make this stop!"

You can't be the hammer all of the time. Gotta be the nail occasionally. 

Most of the time, i am killed more often while sniping on top of a biilding or water tower than i actually kill.

Last night, at the quarry, i bet i waited 5-6 minutes at one stretch not seeing anyone on the map to shoot.

I know that no one PIT's anyone on purpose when we're all racing 

I dont think i would go that far. :)

I am but a fart in the wind in a deathmatch. I'll go 0 kills, 15 deaths in one deathmatch, then do respectably in another. I don't mind not pulling my own weight with you guys, 'cause we're just playin' for fun, but I do get kinda self-conscious about it when I'm getting spanked in a match with randoms.

Before the happy 2X period ended, I played on a Capture team with Robert and a bunch of randoms and I kicked ass, then got into another capture right after that and just got obliterated over and over again to the point of "God, is this over yet? Make this stop!"

You can't be the hammer all of the time. Gotta be the nail occasionally.

I am an Army civillian, man.  I have had the importance of teamwork drilled into my skull via that machine from Total Recall. I always want to do well for the sake of the unit I am with even if it is friendly competition.  I am pretty hard on myself when it is obvious I am the weak link in the chain.

My edge is blunted in crew play because I just enjoy bullshitting in chat with you guys.   It is always good to laugh it up with the fellas, especially when real life gets stressful like it has been lately.

And yeah, I am usually the nail instead of the hammer, so I have no problems with moral victories or fourth place finishes so long as I know that I played the best I could with the situation I was handed.  It's a game anyway, so it is not that serious.

There are two petitions pending into the queue for crew invite.  Anyone know anyone with the game tags, TruBluThug or Sicar0_Antrax?

Sicario Antrax is a friend of mine. Let him in, he's good. He was Obi-Wan to my Luke in GTA 4 online, but we've had a bit of a role reversal since. We need to beef up the PS3 side anyway.

I don't see him in our Social Club queue, AxB. 

Either invite him dierctly in-game if you see him or have him send us another invite request via Social Club so someone can approve it.

Oh I know

I think that Motel is strangely enough the most balanced map they have for all of us and our different levels.  I think I saw the scores went from like 12 to 7, and that's with 10 of us playing.  That's like something out of Roger Goddell's parity dreams.  

As for PIT'ing... I'm not saying I do it intentionally, but I wouldn't suggest flashing me a wheel I can reach when the last checkpoint in a race is directly ahead. ;-)

Most of my PIT's are unintentional, but my rocket fire in GTA races is deliberate and done with complete malice. 

I felt bad about blowing up Rippa because he almost posted a DNF.

• Like 1

Pretty much anything I do in a race could be described as unintentional at this point.  I've gotten really terrible at them, so I have to count on everybody else taking each other out to get my occasional win.  I mostly try to stay out of the way, but still managed to hit about half a dozen folks in that one race on the east side of town.  I feel bad for anybody that bets on me in a race, especially if we're on motorcycles.

I found it hilarious that I won my first ever competitive parachute match while I was on the phone.  Apparently arguing about design fixes with Malaysian engineers massively improves my parachute skills.

As for PIT'ing... I'm not saying I do it intentionally, but I wouldn't suggest flashing me a wheel I can reach when the last checkpoint in a race is directly ahead. ;-)

Sure does feel intentional, but glass houses, man. 

If it were me in the same position, I would totally rodeo you into someone's front yard if it led to a first place finish so i can't really gripe when it happens to me.

I once got a shitty PM from a guy I ignition bombed that used the garage glitch to kill me earlier that night.  Talk about irony.  I still KOS xxThunderPickxx whenever I see him online.

I found it hilarious that I won my first ever competitive parachute match while I was on the phone.  Apparently arguing about design fixes with Malaysian engineers massively improves my parachute skills.

I was on the phone during the Little Seoul Skate Park Massacre on Tuesday night as well as that one team deathmatch last week where I went 9-0. 

My girlfriend is going to have to call me more often if it makes me play like that.

• Like 1

Oh, whichever map we did where it was 5 level 90 and up guys vs. 4 level 60 and below guys...

Oof.  Was that ever a definition of a squash.   

HEY! I am level 74 now but yeah... when I am the highest ranked guy, there are going to be some issues.

That was one of those "getting screwed by the preset GTA teams" deals. 

Also part of that was because someone bailed right at the last second thus unbalancing the teams.

Some maps the imbalance is fine and it doesnt really make a difference. This was not one of those maps.

Like Dan said - it did have a minigun but that just became the "Please shoot me as a lumber along trying to control this big bitch"

There are people that can handle the minigun fairly well.  I am not one of those people.  Ran into a guy in a DM thar had orange tint, which is 400 kills minimum.  I only use mine on choppers, or on cars that are too far away to hit with the RPG.

It's really hard to go wrong with the combat MG.

Oh, whichever map we did where it was 5 level 90 and up guys vs. 4 level 60 and below guys...

Oof.  Was that ever a definition of a squash.   

HEY! I am level 74 now but yeah... when I am the highest ranked guy, there are going to be some issues.

That was one of those "getting screwed by the preset GTA teams" deals. 

Also part of that was because someone bailed right at the last second thus unbalancing the teams.

Some maps the imbalance is fine and it doesnt really make a difference. This was not one of those maps.

Like Dan said - it did have a minigun but that just became the "Please shoot me as a lumber along trying to control this big bitch"

When you grabbed that mini-gun almost immediately, I thought that we hadn't forced weapons and was pretty much ready to just go hide for 10 minutes so I wouldn't get destroyed.

That death match was so amazingly frustrating, as I just got out of a half an hour argument about birthday cake frosting (the stupidest things set everything off) and just wanted to shoot things but I started with like a 10 kill losing streak and just shut off my mic because I was so pissed.

The next race definitely helped though as I somehow ran my motorcycle UNDER a flipping truck, which was by far he coolest thing I've seen in all the races I've done.

The next race definitely helped though as I somehow ran my motorcycle UNDER a flipping truck, which was by far he coolest thing I've seen in all the races I've done.

Yeah - I should have quit after the first thing we did which was Mark's deathmatch at the golf course

It was hella fun and I somehow survived being run over by a damn dump truck

Plus I had five fucking melee kills with the golf club

I got stuck this afternoon in a deathmatch with only nightsticks as forced weapons with no pick ups and it was the dumbest thing ever.  I won, basically because I had the quickest thumb and good timing.  At least I achieved the melee attack award.

On the other hand...rooftop rumble is amazing.  I leveled up 3 levels and made like 100k in no time with absolutely no effort, despite my nearly costing us one of them with my reckless motorcycle driving when the package was already almost delivered.  Sorry I bailed out of the session kind of abruptly but the time had gotten away from me and I realized I had like 5 minutes to make it to the train station.