DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

Looks like PS3 users are getting Saints Row IV and Far Cry 3, if the article I just read is to be believe.  Not too exciting for me.

The one I saw had it as Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - the expansion, not the full game - as the freebie.  And also included a note saying the list was fake.

Its still up there for $8, at least as of 5 minutes ago.

I looked after and saw that it was there.

I got it for free because I still had my $10 on my account that came with the PS4.

Yeah. For the PS4 I bought Injustice and Lego Marvel. I've never played a Lego game, but I heard good things and it was $10. My friends with PS4s and Injustice said that I pretty much had to buy Injustice.

I pulled in 3 games for 20 bucks so no complaints.  Injustice is fun, but I don't see me playing it much now that I finished the story part of it.  Lego Batman 2 has been a blast.  Very good puzzles in the game.

Well, the leaked lists for August's PS+ games were completely off.  Here's the official list:

Road Not Taken (PS4) - some kind of "roguelike puzzle game".  Uh...pass.

Fez (PS4, PS3, Vita) - another indie platformer that's gotten much love.  I'll give this one a shot but...

Crysis 3 (PS3) - thanks guys, I'd rather have had Far Cry 3.  Still, this is a AAA title

Proteus (PS3, Vita) - another experimental title in the vein of Flower and Journey. 

Metrico (Vita)

Dragon's Crown (PS3, Vita) - multiplayer hack & slash.  Wasn't this already a freebie before?

Overall, I'd say this is a really, really weak month.

Oh sweet! I nearly bought Fez, so I'm happy it's available for free on PSN. Like you though, Tabe, I also wish that it was Far Cry 3 that could be had for free. I've never played a Far Cry game and I heard Far Cry 3 was pretty good.

Dragon's Crown (PS3, Vita) - multiplayer hack & slash.  Wasn't this already a freebie before?

It was not. Reviews were great though, so i'm glad it's free.

I think I'm thinking of Defenders of the Crown.

Dragon's Crown is a great, great brawler.  It's the successor to the D&D arcade games, but with loads of depth.  It does have some really.... questionable art choices, though.

Oh hey, because the Open Beta starts tomorrow, I saw in the FAQ that PlayStation Now is complimentary to PS+ subscribers.  But, I can't find what that means, anyone got an idea?  

Oh hey, because the Open Beta starts tomorrow, I saw in the FAQ that PlayStation Now is complimentary to PS+ subscribers.  But, I can't find what that means, anyone got an idea?  

Where are you seeing that?  The FAQ I found says they are "considering a discounted price" for PS+.

Dragon's Crown is a great, great brawler.  It's the successor to the D&D arcade games, but with loads of depth.  It does have some really.... questionable art choices, though.

Sold!

Where are you seeing that?  The FAQ I found says they are "considering a discounted price" for PS+.

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psnow/faq

Says a Complimentary service, who knows what that means, but I suppose I'll find out tomorrow.

It was not. Reviews were great though, so i'm glad it's free.

I think I'm thinking of Defenders of the Crown.
Dragon's Crown was rumored for I think April, but ended up being an EU only freebie. It's a good game by the same studio that made this month's freebie Muramasa.

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psnow/faq

Says a Complimentary service, who knows what that means, but I suppose I'll find out tomorrow.

It's says complEmentary service, not complimentary.  As in a service that supplements PS+, not one that is free.

Also, I guess you cannot outright BUY a game through the service too, so I guess $20 is to have the game for like 30 days or whatever, which is kind of crappy if you ask me.

The current prices I've seen for PS Now look really overpriced and silly, so either the service has to improve or get cheaper.  Or it won't be very popular.

Not much sadly this month for me, I may try out Crysis and Fez but neither were on my radar of games to play.  But, you know, free games.  May as well try them.