DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: GARY YOUNG

RIPPA

Hey, surprise surprise. I turned on the Steve Austin Greatest Hits ("As Seen On TV!") tape and there's the first match on this file starting: Eric Embry/Steve Austin vs. Gary Young/Bill Dundee. I don't believe I've ever seen Gary wrestle before, unless he worked a little in Global.

Yeah I remember seeing that on the Global marathon last year. This is my review of the tag match I just posted, also in the What Are You Watching Thread:

3. -Tag Team Match: 

"Superstar" Bill Dundee & "Gorgeous" Gary Young vs. "Flamboyant" Eric Embry & "Stunning" Steve Austin w/ Tojo Yamamoto 

Super Memphis style match. Everyone throws Great Punches here and the heels cheat it up bigtime. I could only think I'd seen Gary in Global before and after looking he did work there. He's a really great seller, stumbling and falling all over the place as the FIP. Eric almost has his number after a DDT and a piledriver but he hot tags Dundee who gets the rollup. Afterwards Austin and Embry come in with handcuffs given by Tojo and the faces get locked to the ropes and beaten down. You can clearly see Gary get the blade ready and Austin comes in with a loaded glove to work him over, but they cut to the next match before we get any blood. All four guys are great and Austin also had a discus clothesline that I've never seen him use before.