DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] WELCOME TO MARCH MADNESS 2015~!

RIPPA

I think DB would have done worse if he wasn't injured. A filler-feud with Kane before being fed to Brock?

It would be interesting to see the reaction if the Summerslam match happened exactly the same, except with Bryan instead of Cena.  I don't think it gets nearly as much hype, and I think there could be a very real backlash against Brock if fans saw it as 18 seconds 2.0.  Conversely, I don't think Brock's year seems as strong.

Since I am not running the Sweet Sixteen till Monday - I will leave these polls open till Noon EST

I don't know how many more votes are out there but there are enough close ones to wait

I may have not seen any Nakamura in the voting period before making my poll. That said, my bigger problem was that I severely overestimated people's love for Ambrose. It's a very weak WWE year, which has produced some interesting results. I thought that'd help Ambrose regardless, but Nakamura's the guy who (with Honma) defies the NJPW fan backlash. 

It should be noted that even if it costs me a few points, I'm happy that Cavernario might move on.

I may have not seen any Nakamura in the voting period before making my poll. That said, my bigger problem was that I severely overestimated people's love for Ambrose. It's a very weak WWE year, which has produced some interesting results. I thought that'd help Ambrose regardless, but Nakamura's the guy who (with Honma) defies the NJPW fan backlash.

You also are underplaying Harper, who I am starting to wonder is the one dark horse nobody really played into. I actually think he beats Nakamura now.

I honestly think Virus had a better year than Harper did (and a better one than Cavernario too, but ah well). No one watches enough Virus though. That's the problem.

The two guys that I did write ups on coming into this were Harper and Rush, so I'm high on both of them. I'm just not sure Harper was given the chance to have the output. He disappeared for months of the period. I voted for Gulak in the last few hours too so that might have been a shot in my foot, but it was the just decision.

I'm very happy with the results.  While there's some guys I would have liked to advance, I'm not quite sad they lost.

It's pretty cool to see the ultimate underdog Honma beat Lesnar.  Looking at the sweet 16 he's not done by any means in a matchup against Rusev.  Poor guy can't catch a break, but there's another underdog challenge.  For a random draw he sure got some interesting matchups.  Also looking forward to Neville/Rollins, but that's going to be tough to vote on.  It is nice to see more varied representation this year.