DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

Deadpool

vid.me/DVtz

Glad this was still up so I was able to watch it. I liked it. Feels different so that might help the film.

Everyone tries toforgets Ryan Reynolds was the costar in Blade Trinity.

ftfy

THIS. What a shit film.

Full length Apocalypse trailer:

Uproxx.com/gammasquad/2015/07/x-men-apocalypse-trailer-comic-con/

That's impressive. Thanks for posting both, Big Fresh!

• Like 1

Reynolds tweeted that the first "official" Deadpool trailer will be out in about 3 weeks

Ryan Reynolds ✔@VancityReynolds

As much as I want the #deadpool footage from #SDCC officially released, the VFX shots aren't done yet. We have something for you in 3 weeks.
7:23 PM - 12 Jul 2015

The thing I keep wondering is, does the "Rogue cut" really maake that much of a difference (to anyone not named Anna Pacquin)?

Yes and no. There are some nice added character bits, and they do come up with a plausible enough reason that Rogue is still alive and held prisoner. But it's not like it radically changed the film.

Personally, I think it was the superior cut, but I'm nearly always a sucker for extended cuts.

Watchmen is still weirdly dry, and too faithful in places where shuffling shit would have helped while changing things where a little more source faithfulness might have helped.  The super-extended edition mostly just adds Tales of the Black Freighter animated sequences, which doesn't help as much as I thought it would.  That said, I like the movie more than a lot of people I know do.

(I still think it's hilarious that I effectively paid $-8 for the director's-cut-with-no-Black-Freighter, because I bought the version that came with an appallingly bad PS3 game when that version was $5 and the regular Blu-Ray was $13)