DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

I will enjoy revisiting this thread in 2018 after Annihilus shows up in a Fant4stic sequel and all of you are like HOLY FUCK THIS IS THE BEST FRANCHISE EVAR~!

Speaking of Fant4stic, Tim Blake Nelson has been cast to play Harvey Elder aka The Mole Man and he was Samuel Sterns aka The Leader in the Incredible Hulk do-over.  I guess it is his role to portray potential villains that never show up in sequels. 

I will enjoy revisiting this thread in 2018 after Annihilus shows up in a Fant4stic sequel and all of you are like HOLY FUCK THIS IS THE BEST FRANCHISE EVAR~!

I would rather have Annihilus show up in Guardians for some version of Annihilation.

God, please let marvel have 100% control of Spidey for this.

You gotta think that's what Sony would even want. I meant, sure, there's some pride there in wanting to call the shots for "your own" franchise, but if you have a chance to get a chunk of that Marvel movie, you take it.

• Like 1

You gotta think that's what Sony would even want. I meant, sure, there's some pride there in wanting to call the shots for "your own" franchise, but if you have a chance to get a chunk of that Marvel movie, you take it.

We're in agreement. Hopefully Sony Pictures will let Marvel Studios do all the creative side going by Marvel Studios track record with the odd mistakes.

We're in agreement. Hopefully Sony Pictures will let Marvel Studios do all the creative side going by Marvel Studios track record with the odd mistakes.

Pretty sure that was the point of the deal they made. Marvel would essentially be in charge creatively of the films. I'm sure Sony still has the overall say technically, but in general it sounds like they plan to defer to Marvel and Feige since it will be connected to the MCU.

• Like 1