DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: JOE GOMEZ

RIPPA

So I am really behind on my WON reading and so Ed drops on me today that Flair lived with Joe Gomez recently which still has me giggling.

Oh and clearly I am talking about the WCW jobber Joe Gomez. Not the apparent indy worker who is in far better shape and appears to work out of PA.

And the most disappointing thing was seeing Mike Jackson vs. Joe Gomez - which is like a Tom K dream match - only to discover that it is two backyarders on a trampoline.

Fuck all that WCW nonsense

(Fair Warning - the is a very VERY vocal lady in the crowd)

49 FUCKING MINUTES!!!!

I really hated nWo era Buff Bagwell because his finisher was sloppy and dangerous and he had the stamina of a sloth, but his hybrid Evil Mr. Spock / Chippendale Dancer goatee and gelled hair always looked perfect.

Joe Gomez has the world's worst drop kick.

was Joe Gomez ever not terrible?  i remember on WCW Saturday Night he had a short vignette and debuted the next week. He won that match, only to be fed to Mongo McMichael later that month. 

here's Renegade turning on him (on Main Event no less!):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9OiNWL04ew

at least he beats Renegade in a match about a month later (also on the Main Event)

Did Gomez move in with Flair? Or did Flair move in with Gomez? And what was that conversation like?

The story was something like shortly after Reid died, Flair was in Florida trying to get his life together and he crashed at Gomez's place during that period

Joe Gomez is one of the nicest people in the world, love that guy. 

He has helped out many wrestlers locally, some FCW/NXT flunkies and such, and has helped them try and make it in the biz, help them save money, let them crash at one of his places, help them get sober and get away from bad situations etc.  He's like a local DDP.  Last time I talked to him I think he said Mason Ryan and a few other guys were staying with him.

• Like 4