DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/23/15

"C'MON $1,500 A SHOT WITH TRANS PAID AND MERCH MONEY! C'MON $1,500 A SHOT WITH TRANS PAID AND MERCH MONEY! C'MON $1,500 A SHOT WITH TRANS PAID AND MERCH MONEY!"

"EC3, you have received a TNA World Title shot."

"DAMMIT JB!"

"I know, I know."

Then a little TNA factoid pops up on-screen telling you that the company is money-poor and creatively bankrupt in case you don't get it.

Show thoughts -

They started with the one match they hyped up and then did an awkward cut to the announcers before going to a horrible battle royal. Then we got Lashley saying words, which was worse, and Lashley-King wasn't good either. Beatdown wasn't anything special. Gail-Havok was fairly bad until Kong came out and shined brighter than anyone on the show so far by just standing around looking like she'd kill everyone around her. Even without being able to really work, she's a megastar - hopefully WWE re-signs her because she shouldn't be wasted her. Koya beat Uno in a nothing match before Storm cut a promo on Matt Hardy about being a bigger demon than anything Hardy's ever faced, and Roode and Angle argued because they're a team now, so they can't get along. EY and Ki vs. Roode and Angle was a nothing match.

EC3-JB was nothing, but the loogie EC3 spit on Spud was sick. Also, Tyrus nearly didn't catch Mark Andrews off a super SSP to the floor. Matt Hardy-Storm sucked and set up Jeff-Abyss in monster's ball next week. They show clips of this during the break, and then after it say WE'VE GOT BREAKING NEWS - Jeff-Abyss next week in a monster's ball. Also, Lashley is shown with his belt next week defending against Aries, so we know that Lashley gets his belt back in the street fight and that Aries gets the World title shot case. Aries got that case, Spud got the X title shot, Magus gets the tag title case so he and Bram can break up in the tag title match, and Velvet got fired in the greatest FOF firing bit ever - thanks to Robbie being great. Street fight wasn't much beyond a couple of cool camera angles, and this show was way too lifeless in every way.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/01/tna-impact-wrestling-1-23-15-feast-or.html

Screens -

f4cebd384085899.jpg

364461384088507.jpg

aed744384088513.jpg

21e404384087680.jpg

7257c5384083765.jpg

6349e9384083769.jpg

74dc18384083776.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/8db1ibl93vs6kjl057hnkqjvylrh3doc

• Like 1

I can't see Angelina long for the company if Velvet is really gone.

Nothing was wrong with the show but it was just sad. The lighting makes it seem like no one was there. It's just on autopilot.  Gail/Havok wasn't bad but Havok didn't really do anything. Same with Storm/Hardy. I got a laugh out of Andrews doing the SSP and landing face first onto the ramp. What an idiot.

Mostly quick matches tonight, the ending in the streets provided a cool visual. Highlight of the night may have been badass shooter Jeremy Borash mouthing "I will fuck you up!" at EC3. Aries was great during the briefcases skit. Hoping he becomes the first guy to successfully cash in on the world title as he always manages to stay someone who can jump back into the title mix with ease and it's been a while now since his first title reign.

Yeah, I loved that when they cut back to Robbie his hair was getting crazier than Big Ern's hair in the climax of Kingpin

As someone who's been to the Manhattan Center/Hammerstein Ballroom, I can verify all that walking up stairs is real.

It's like that building was built by the inventor from Godzilla vs. Megalon.

"I'm a robot and I hate these stairs!"

My Twitter TL has been dead during TNA the last 2 weeks and that really kills any enjoyment in watching it. The other people live tweeting their misery are what made it tolerable and that seems all but gone now.

I thought he didn't have Twitter.

• Like 1

My Twitter TL has been dead during TNA the last 2 weeks and that really kills any enjoyment in watching it. The other people live tweeting their misery are what made it tolerable and that seems all but gone now.

I thought he didn't have Twitter.

Oh, he does, and it's comedy gold.