DVDVR Message Board

Spider-Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Fantastic Four and other non Marvel Studios films.

Johnny was trolling me, because I was positive towards Fresh saying "90's characters suck" when all I really meant was that Venom and Carnage suck.

Johnny knows very well that Kyle Rayner is a top 5 favorite comic book character for me, and, thus, a bit of friendly trolling.

• 3 weeks later...

This is like a week old, but I don't recall seeing it mentioned here.

Michael Egan is the guy who accused Bryan Singer of sex abuse.  Egan's attorneys dumped him because "their relationship with him deteriorated".  That makes it sound personal, but I wonder if that's lawyer-speak for "it would be inappropriate for us to come out and say that we decided he's full of shit, but he's full of shit." Egan hasn't been able to find anybody else to represent him.

I haven't really been following this case, so I was unaware of this: "Egan previously dropped three similar Hawaii lawsuits against other entertainment figures." Also, he previously tried to settle with Singer for a "low amount".

Ah -- just checked to see if there was anything new in the past few days, and it seems that the suit has now been dropped, but Egan could refile in the future. At least for now, Singer is off the hook.

Anyway, it really seems like it was a fraudulent case at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

There's gonna be a Deadpool movie (yay!) it's set to open February 12th, 2016 (uh-oh)

The The Fantastic Four movie has also been pushed back a couple of months to August 7th, 2015 in favor of a new movie based on a book by the guy who wrote A Fault in Our Stars.

I feel like Deadpool is one of those less well-known characters that could blow up huge if done right in a movie.

Hopefully they don't bring back Ryan Reynolds. That dude is box office poison these days. Or at least, go the DREDD route and make him wear the mask the whole movie.