DVDVR Message Board

Evolve

Big Fresh

Or look at GTA 5. How much extra money has anyone put into GTA 5?

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/GTA-5-Online-Microtransactions-Earn-Tons-Money-62373.html

"Microtransactions in GTA 5's multiplayer have earned the companies up to $66 million this fall."

Which is fine, because they don't affect gameplay. It might give you better equipment, doesn't mean your any good at using it. I haven't put in a cent, and I'm damn competitive in free mode when I get going.

Oh, I totally agree, but there are players out there who are not as patient as you or me and they will cheerfully pay to win.

• Like 1

Regarding the Witcher, I haven't been following that closely because I'm not interested in that game. But my understanding was all the DLC were going to be very, very small bits. Is that wrong?

They've actually released entirely remade versions of the original games (Witcher 1 and 2) with lots of extra content as "Enhanced Editions" for people who own the original games.  It added new animations, new textures, new NPCs, new quests, and new monsters, plus a huge array of tweaks and optimizations.  They've since said they'll be doing the same sort of thing with Witcher 3, which gives me full and complete confidence to plunk down my $60.

This doesn't even include the Fuck You that M$ gave to Sony and Bungie over the Destiny EC deal by securing exclusive content for the beta and the final release for Evolve for the XBone.

Woah, woah, woah, I don't think there is any exclusive content in the retail version of Evolve on X-Box. The DLC will come to X-Box first, but will eventually come to Playstation (I think only a month later). The base games are the same on both consoles.

This doesn't even include the Fuck You that M$ gave to Sony and Bungie over the Destiny EC deal by securing exclusive content for the beta and the final release for Evolve for the XBone.

Woah, woah, woah, I don't think there is any exclusive content in the retail version of Evolve on X-Box. The DLC will come to X-Box first, but will eventually come to Playstation (I think only a month later). The base games are the same on both consoles.

That is what I was trying to say.  XBone will get first dibs at DLC. and PS players will have to wait at least a month.

EC is a shitty deal no matter who gets first crack.

That is what I was trying to say.  XBone will get first dibs at DLC. and PS players will have to wait at least a month.

EC is a shitty deal no matter who gets first crack.

Ohhhh, I thought you meant there was exclusive stuff on the disk. You freaked me out for a second.

I agree. But the exclusive stuff isn't exclusive for as long as it is on Destiny, at least.

Destiny is different.  Bungie had an axe to grind with Microsoft but apparently took it out on the Xbox console players by making them wait six fucking months for content that is already on PS.. 

Xbox gamers don't really care because:

1) You can't miss what you don't have,

and

2) Once the versions are finally close to achieving content parity, no one will give a shit about Destiny anymore.

• Like 1

Laying the scam bare:

Here are your options as a potential Evolve player. You can…

1. Buy the $60 game, on the day it launches, for access to 12 hunters and three monsters.
  2. Buy the $80 Digital Deluxe Edition, on the day the game launches, for access to 12 hunters, three monsters, three exclusive monster skins, and four extra hunters in the spring. Total of 16 hunters, three monsters, three monster skins.
  3. Buy the $60 game at launch for access to 12 hunters and three monsters and, later in the spring, buy the Hunting Season Pass in the spring for $25 to get four new hunters and three exclusive monster skins for a total of $85. Total of 16 hunters, three monsters, three monster skins.
  4. Buy the $60 game at launch for access to 12 hunters and three monsters and, later in the spring, buy new hunters individually for $7.50 each, up to $30 total for a grand total of $90. Total of 16 hunters, three monsters.
  5. Pre-purchase the $60 game for access to 12 hunters and three monsters—all unlocked instantly instead of through play—and, later in the spring, the fourth Behemoth monster and a Goliath skin. Total of 12 hunters, four monsters and one extra skin.2
  6. Pre-purchase the $80 Digital Deluxe Edition for access to 12 hunters, three monsters, four exclusive monster skins, and four extra hunters and one extra monster in the spring. Total of 16 hunters, four monsters, four extra skins.
  7. Buy the $100 PC Monster Race Edition for access to 18 hunters, four monsters, four monster skins. The extra PC content will be available to console players for purchase after 30 days.
  8. Pre-purchase the $100 PC Monster Race Edition for access to 18 hunters, five monsters, four monster skins. The extra PC content will be available to console players for purchase after 30 days.3

Phew!

Pre-purchase the $80 Digital Deluxe Edition for access to 12 hunters, three monsters, four exclusive monster skins, and four extra hunters and one extra monster in the spring. Total of 16 hunters, four monsters, four extra skins.

That's what I did. Cannot wait.

All true gamers know that EC is bullshit.

XBone and PS4 gamers don't speak out on each other's behalf because they are too busy crowing about their content for some games and cursing the competition for beating their console to the punch on other stuff.

XBone players screech on about half of Watch Dog's EC going to Sony , but they are really happy about PS4 players having to wait for Evolve DLC, and PS4 players love to stick it to XBone players about Destiny, but God forbid that the upcoming Tomb Raider joint premier on XBone.

All true gamers know that EC is bullshit.

XBone and PS4 gamers don't speak out on each other's behalf because they are too busy crowing about their content for some games and cursing the competition for beating their console to the punch on other stuff.

XBone players screech on about half of Watch Dog's EC going to Sony , but they are really happy about PS4 players having to wait for Evolve DLC, and PS4 players love to stick it to XBone players about Destiny, but God forbid that the upcoming Tomb Raider joint premier on XBone.

The console wars really are the fucking worst.

You will never shake Fresh's belief

Fresh convinced me to play Destiny.

My Grimoire score in Destiny is 2655.  Fresh's score is 400. 

I have drunk from Fresh's Cup of Fools.  The water was bitter.

Fresh was right about Sunset Overdrive. Fresh was right about Twisted Metal. Fresh hits a lot more than he misses.

Fresh talks about himself in the third person (possibly in the hope that people won't check who posted the comment and will think it's someone else praising him, and his awesome taste in games).

See if you're taking the youtube thing seriously, you should put some Evolve up before I get up tomorrow morning. Strike while the iron's hot.

You will never shake Fresh's belief

Fresh convinced me to play Destiny.

My Grimoire score in Destiny is 2655.  Fresh's score is 400. 

I have drunk from Fresh's Cup of Fools.  The water was bitter.

Fresh was right about Sunset Overdrive. Fresh was right about Twisted Metal. Fresh hits a lot more than he misses.

Fresh talks about himself in the third person (possibly in the hope that people won't check who posted the comment and will think it's someone else praising him, and his awesome taste in games).

See if you're taking the youtube thing seriously, you should put some Evolve up before I get up tomorrow morning. Strike while the iron's hot.

I tried, man. But unfortunetely, Bear had to put his dog down today. So we won't be recording until next weekend. I know, I know. I do got another surprise though for next weekend in addition to Evolve for the channel.

See the thing I like about Evolve- I know that when Americans want to abbreviate the word 'Versus' they just put 'vs'. But in the UK, we often abbreviate it to 'V'. So the logo for Evolve looks to British eyes like the game might be called E. V. O. L. vs E. And the whole idea is it's 4 guys vs 1 big guy. So it works good like that.

I feel like I got bailed out. I checked my pre-load before midnight and nothing had started. I check my PSN account and my pre-order wasn't on there. I went back to try and pre-order again and received an error. Then I went back after midnight and there was not even a purchase button.