DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

Oh shit yeah I forgot about that.  The box in the middle of the ring for all matches.  What the everloving fuck?  Seriously I need to know what the dimensions of said box were to be.  Was it going to be a huge box like the one wrestlers would pop out of from time to time, or a small one so Johnny Mundo could do douchey parkour shit off it?  Maybe there was supposed to be a Campeon del Crossfit title where the guy who did the most box jumps wins the belt and has to defend it against other bros.   Was there supposed to be something in the box?  Was there a payoff or just a box in the middle of the ring for no damn good reason?

I like to think every match has a secret move to win and only the first guy to smash the box open & find out what it is has the advantage. Or the box is a rib by Dario and it's one of those Russian doll deals where it just keeps revealing smaller and smaller boxes as Dario laughs like a maniac.

They also mentioned some original concept of a scoreboard during matches and guys getting points for moves. I imagine dives would get more points as well as finishers? That might be too much Mortal Kombat for me.

I'm happy with LU the way it is. Is it January yet?

MY ELEPHANTLIKE MEMORY STRIKES AGAIN

I was trying to get a look at what Dario was writing in his notebook during the scene with Cage. There were two words written on top of the page. The first word was definitely Taurus. I couldn't read the second word.

Yea, SD did not help on that bit (if it was meant to be a bit): B-LGy-HCUAASq2n.png

MY ELEPHANTLIKE MEMORY STRIKES AGAIN

I was trying to get a look at what Dario was writing in his notebook during the scene with Cage. There were two words written on top of the page. The first word was definitely Taurus. I couldn't read the second word.

Yea, SD did not help on that bit (if it was meant to be a bit): B-LGy-HCUAASq2n.png

Looks like Tacitus.  Maybe LU is getting really old school with gimmicks and bringing in a Roman general!

symbols representing the seven legendary Aztec tribes

It looks like we're down a skeleton dude, guys.  Argenis looks to have bailed with his brothers and he was one of the Disciples of Death.  At least he's easy to replace and was the worst one on the team.

I think he's going to be huge in AAA because of the sustained popularity of martial arts based gimmicks in Mexico throughout lucha history.

I'd fucking love to see him in LU too though.  Guy is awesome and more people need to see him.