DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

I think Melissa is going to really make this work. If she's given even half of the chances to shine that Sexy Star had in season 1, she'll be a huge hit. She's been working the indies for 16 years, she's earned it.

I wanna go :(

Stupid East Coast.

Yeah, was really hoping to go but when checking airfare/hotel/rental car my eyes bugged out.  For those prices I'm better off waiting until late next year and save up for season 3 (you know it's gonna happen)

I don't understand why you would take a very attractive woman and put her under a mask.

This is like TNA having Brooke Adams under contract and making her wear skirts.

I'm gonna go with, LU is an extention of traditional Lucha Libre style taking most of the traditions and history and adding in a little dramatic telenovella flair, and that masks are an important part of Lucha history, so they're creating another character based off that.

And because the other masked female they have fucking sucks and may be retiring. 

Stupid East Coast.

Yeah, was really hoping to go but when checking airfare/hotel/rental car my eyes bugged out.  For those prices I'm better off waiting until late next year and save up for season 3 (you know it's gonna happen)

Maybe I'll be able to go for this season's Ultima Lucha and build a vacation around that.  Who's up for a road trip?

Stupid East Coast.

Maybe I'll be able to go for this season's Ultima Lucha and build a vacation around that.  Who's up for a road trip?

That is going to be one long-ass road trip.  Would consider it but don't have many days to actually take off to do it.

Cheerleader Melissa is one I definitely know of but can't say I've seen her best work.  I'm interested to see her in for next season.  I don't like to wish career-ending injury on anybody, but gotta admit I'm glad Sexy Star won't be coming back.

Okay, her matches sucked and didn't frequently tell a coherent story. I can't imagine what they looked like without the clearly heavy editing that we mercifully got.

Edit: case in point, the big match with Pentagon. She got such a ridiculous amount of offense in that match, against a guy the promotion had made into a bad ass. It was poor form on both of their parts but Pentagon h as shown he can tell an incredible story in other matches, Sexy Star has not.

I think the most damning evidence Sexy Star sucks is that nobody wanted to work with her. Generally you have to be the dirt worst to actively be getting complaints like that. You may think she doesn't suck and you have full right to believe that but I'm more inclined to go with the people who have been in the ring with her and complained she's incompetent.

They retaped Sexy Star & Super Fly's blowoff match.

They also retaped the trios tournament Sexy Star, Pentagon Jr., Super Fly versus Big Ryck, the Mack and Kill Shot. I was there for that, and my recollection is that might have been on the Mack's team and on creative changes and had little to do with Sexy Star. The finish took two takes, but they changed the whole match - the first match had a a spot where zero fear Pentagon Jr. backed down from Big Ryck, Mack & Kill Shot had a tag team finisher that wasn't working right are the two things I remember for sure.