DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

In general, they've said they'd fly people in from US, Mexico and Canada, but those based in Europe and Japan are outside of their budget.

Sabre's moved to California (I think) so that's not a problem. They would've seen him look good in PWG, so that helps. The biggest obstacle is working around his NOAH schedule. 

Well it was peppered with a lot of I thinks and not likelies. "Still no news, this doesn't look good" pretty much every week, lumping them in with TNA in multiple discussions, etc.

He has always been getting a lot wrong about LU is more my point. Like even fucked up taping results when Cubsfan had them right, but I wasn't about to correct that shit and get banned.

Which is fucking weird when he is friends with Konnan and also managed to physically get someone's actual contract for the show

Dave also said that they'll be lowering the production cost in ways 'viewers won't notice'. Then he goes on to say that it will also likely mean fewer episodes. I'LL NOTICE THAT, DAVE. 

I know the original plan was for them to do 40 in season 2 (which is basically what they did this season), and the lowering the production cost was all about the cost per episode not the total cost, so I'm thinking there's a pretty good chance they're still doing. But not just saying it in the press release is odd.

I think I was more referring to style. Would it work in a Lucha environment? Or would he not fit in? Or what about someone like Mark Andrews?

The wonderful thing about LU is that it isn't all strictly Lucha style. Pretty much anything goes, which makes for some real interesting matches. I'm sort of sorry to see ADR go, as the guy can be a completely amazing heel, but I guess he's no joy to work with behind the scenes. I would really hate to see Rey become the main focus of the show, he's really pretty limited to being a face, and there are other guys they have that are much better and a lot more versatile.