DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

You know who else looks like Miguel Herera and/or Muscle Man from Regular Show...? MY MOM (she does not).

I am hoping to get down to Boyle Heights for Ultima Lucha this season. Fuck wrestlemania, Ultima Lucha is the biggest show of the year.

• Like 2

You know who else looks like Miguel Herera and/or Muscle Man from Regular Show...? MY MOM (she does not).

I am hoping to get down to Boyle Heights for Ultima Lucha this season. Fuck wrestlemania, Ultima Lucha is the biggest show of the year.

Hell, I'd fly out for that.  We could get a DVDVR contingent in the house.  

Now how about some proper merchandise, Lucha Underground?  

I am glad I was at home when I found out, otherwise I'd have the same dilemma Tromataker had.  I like getting paid as well.

I'm so excited for this.  I never gave up hope, and am glad to see it's been confirmed.  Two shots of tequila, por favor, one for each season!

They've vaguely alluded to doing that after they got the season 2 deal done, but haven't said anything more.

Did you notice Hulu (unlike Netflix) will actually respond to you if you ask about them carrying Lucha Underground?

https://twitter.com/hulu_support/status/647066068591226880

We don't have the rights to El Rey shows like Lucha Underground at the moment, but we'd be happy to share your interest in it!

They were previously saying "we don't have it now, but we'll look into it." Guess someone looked!

It kind of suggests to me that the issue with them not being on any streaming service might be on a higher level than just this show - like Netflix/Amazon/Hulu wants to pay [x] because for these shows because El Rey isn't a big deal, but say the Burnett people are holding out for [bigger number than X] because it's a Burnett show and they don't want to diminish the value of their other properties.

I think that's an important thing to remember in the whole scope of Lucha Underground. It's not a stand alone property - there's no real life Dario who's got complete control of this show. It's a little part of a lot of different people's portfolios who sometimes have different big picture agendas that take precedence. If LU became valuable, it'd get more precedence, but it could use some help getting there.

She suffered a serious injury about a month ago so I'm not even sure she'd be available if they wanted her in December. Good thing they have the storyline out to have her disappear thanks to that awesome ending sequence.

Sexy's now hinting she's stuck in her brace for at least 3 more weeks. If she gets out then, it'd seem like she might be able to make it by late December, maybe January.  The bigger issue feels like Sexy Star seemingly giving up on wrestling regularly - she only did the UK show and TripleMania after LU wrapped. She RT-ed the LU return notice and sounds like she wants to return, but there was the WON story about her wanting to retire before. I'm willing to believe any outcome when it comes to Sexy Star.

(Meanwhile, AAA has started adding on more masked women who seem to be better in the ring - also Goya. Hoping La Hiedra or Lady Shani at least get a look on this show in hopes of taking over the 'good fighting mask Mexican character' so Sexy Star can do something that might work better for her.)

I think the Cheerleader Melissa thing came from me, in this actual thread, where I pointed out the pieces fit for her but it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be her. Bigger picture: I kind of wonder how much work has been put into these casting decisions since they stopped taping. I'm sure they had an ideas of where they'd go, but they've also had a few months of idle time to rethink things since they've been powerless to actually sign people. They've also had a few more months of reaction to the show to use as they see fit) Now that the wheels are officially back in motion but the time is finite (3 months or less?), they've got to start going after people and figuring things out in earnest. (And also making sure visas are properly filled out.)

Or maybe they won't for a while - it seemed like the indy guys weren't being actually signed until the week before the show last time. That caused chaos and should be learned from but you can't assume learning.

what I'm saying is that if you have a website that needs content, maybe now's the time to do the "here's 3 people Lucha Underground should hire for season 2" piece, maybe.