DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 9-29-14 - Raw is Komen

MGFanJay

Dean's sincerity is what made an otherwise horribly manufactured segment.  Somehow Dean just made it awesome in a way that Punk couldn't have because Punk always too much of a mark for himself and that Cena couldn't because if you give him an inch of goofy, he takes a mile.  About halfway through the whole green slime/Dean in the crowd bit, I looked to my wife and told her that I can't believe were enjoying something that should have been so goddamn lame, but Ambrose and Rollins were just doing such a great job running with it.

Now, all the giggling by King and Cole after Dean got the hot tag in the main--that was fucking terrible. 

• Like 1

I don't mind shooty comments as long as they're delivered well. Shane Douglass doing the Ric Flair sucks stuff in ECW was great. It made him seem edgy and cool. Brian Pillman came off like a total lunatic. Austin's brief ECW stuff was awesome. I generally hated DX, but them invading WCW was great, too.

CM Punk's pipebomb was so well-done. The crux of the whole thing was him telling Cena that he was better than him, and the only reason he didn't get a chance to prove that point was because the man was keeping him down. That's nothing we haven't seen before. The shoot stuff ("Hi, Colt Cabana!") added to that as a interesting bell-and-whistle. Along the way, he also re-introduced Steph and Hunter as power brokers and introduced Big Johnny as a character. It was brilliant. 

I see Dean's shooty stuff on two levels:

1) From a non-kayfabe point-of-view, it's a show in Chicago. That's the stuff that particular audience craves. You have to play to that crowd. It's a smart decision and helps get Dean even MORE over than he already was.

2) From a kayfabe perspective, Dean's a bit paranoid. But also, we know WWE security has been ineffective over the years. I could totally see someone in The Authority's pocket (Mercury and Noble) approaching a Rosebud and offering them some cash. They just want bodies. I doubt hanging out with Adam Rose is paying the bills, and I doubt Adam Rose even cares.

• Like 1

Rollins isn't getting NEARLY enough credit for his role. He's been brilliant.

He's been showing ass like no one else in recent memory. He flees at the first sign of trouble. His bugging out over the slime was wonderful. It's great. He only shows back up when he has a coy advantage and does cheapshot garbage. It's heeling perfection.

Orton and Kane are getting sick of him, but Rollins has called the shots a whole bunch of times when taking out Ambrose and now Cena. He was the architect of The Shield. And now he's slowly becoming the architect of The Authority's in-ring actions.

I also can see Dean knowing what would hurt Rollins the most mentally. Anyone who is an "architect" in a leadership role has at least a bit of a control freak in them. Rollins is like that now, and his ego has gone wild and he thinks he's the man. But there's also a lot of insecurity in this, since he's essentially a gutless coward and anytime he gets exposed drives him nuts. That's perfection.

• Like 4

Rollins isn't getting NEARLY enough credit for his role. He's been brilliant.

He's been showing ass like no one else in recent memory. He flees at the first sign of trouble. His bugging out over the slime was wonderful. It's great. He only shows back up when he has a coy advantage and does cheapshot garbage. It's heeling perfection.

Orton and Kane are getting sick of him, but Rollins has called the shots a whole bunch of times when taking out Ambrose and now Cena. He was the architect of The Shield. And now he's slowly becoming the architect of The Authority's in-ring actions.

You have just explained why Seth will be fighting Orton at WM31.