DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK THREE

RIPPA

I literally can't remember the last time the Lions won two in a row against green bay...

Has it ever happened?

I had to look it up, but yes it has happened before. The last time was the second game in '98 and the first one in '99. Before that, it was 3 in a row in '90 and '91.

Oh, this is the most Eagles vs. Redskins game there has ever been. That is a great NFL brawl, though.

Even as a Patriots fan I have to say that the Raiders got jobbed there.

Tuck rule was 100% legit though.

Well given the boatrace I expected I suppose it's a sign of progress that the Raiders were in a position where they (had to) get jobbed.

Carr The Younger continues to be not-bad.

But after an interception isn't the QB fair game if he gets up?  I swear I've heard that defensive players go after the QB on purpose because they can lay a free hit on him.  

EDIT: The announcers said that they took that rule out in 2002.  It was still a terrible hit as Foles wasn't even looking when he got demolished.

But after an interception isn't the QB fair game if he gets up?  I swear I've heard that defensive players go after the QB on purpose because they can lay a free hit on him.

Play was over before he got hit

Okay - the refs continue to be confused

Jason Peters was supposed to be tossed. Trent Williams stays in the game (they both wear the same number.... just different teams)

See, NFL refs can take even "the arbiters of justice are colorblind" and fuck it up/make it a terrible thing.