DVDVR Message Board

Horror Franchise Thread

Newb82

• 3 months later...
Guest The Magnificent 7

Hadn't read the last page or so until JT just posted, so am catching up on the TCM talk.  A guy on another forum I visit lived in the house / property they filmed the movie on.  It doesn't exist anymore, but he was saying it was annoying how fans of the movie would just show up at his house from time to time demanding a tour. 

Are you all aware of the insanely awesome 15 disc Halloween blu-ray box set coming out in September?

...is it weird that I actually counted in my head how many disks pertained to how many movies, and finally indeed came up with 14 as the number you'd need?  I can't think of any movies that had significant alternative versions other than part 6 and the Rob Zombie installments.  Are they gonna have two different disks that are nothing but extra features?  

Both blu ray releases of the original (TV cuts of 1 and 2 are also included.) Separate discs for Curse and Producer's Cut. Then two discs for each of Zombie's movies.

Supposed to be quite a bit of new features as well.

My mistake, it appears it's only one disc for the second Zombie film, with the 15th disc being bonus features.

So, yeah, it's

Halloween (Original blu-ray release)

Halloween (35th anniversary blu-ray release + mono mix finally included)

Halloween II

Halloween II (not sure if this is both of the separate blu-ray releases or what, honestly)

Halloween III: Season of the With

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers Producer's Cut (aka Halloween 666)

Halloween H20 Twenty Years Later

Halloween: Resurrection

Rob Zombie's Halloween

Rob Zombie's Halloween (not sure if this a separate disc for each cut, or if it will have the amazing Michael Lives making-of documentary)

Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Bonus features

107 days til Halloween, Halloween, Halloween

107 days til Halloween

• Like 3

Ah, okay, that would explain it.

Hey, when are we gonna get one of these collections for The Texas Chainsaw-BWA HA HA oh man I can't even say that with a straight face. Stupid laws.

I have no clue how Shout Factory pulled off getting this together given the ownership rights are spread over at least three studios.

Guest The Magnificent 7

That Halloween set with the Zombie discs thrown in is like a Baskin Robbins sundae of World Class Chocolate and Peanut Butter & Chocolate with choclate sauce, whipped cream, and nuts...but instead of a waffle cone bowl, it's made out of dogshit.