DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

13 hours ago, Matt D said:

I'm not super comfortable with the back up story in Clone Conspiracy, by the way. I understand it's there to give closure but it's making the mess hidden in the closet far messier and very in the open in order to clean it up.

I read the spoiler as I dropped The Amazing Spider-Man (Vol. 4) #6, should have ages ago. Feel like you do.

Really enjoyed Jessica Jones #1, a nice reset back to the original status quo of the early days of Alias, which is still one of my favorite runs in the post-modern era.

Spoiler

Danis is "missing" with the implication that Jessica gave her up for adoption.  

I was kind of worried when they announced the title, as "Jessica Jones: Foul Mouthed, Single Mom, Private Eye" isn't something I really wanted to read.

Sales on Mockingbird at my local comic shop had gotten so bad that the owner stopped putting it on the shelf beginning with issue four. He only ordered it for subscribers.

I had completely forgotten it existed until Twitter blew up yesterday with news of its cancelation.

Hopefully this will allow Bobbi and Peter to hook up in Slott's Spider-Man.

15 minutes ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

I'm not surprised Mockingbird got cancelled, but I'm disappointed. It's been easily a top 5 series for Marvel the whole time it's been out.

Well, the fact they aren't even waiting for the first TPB to hit the sales chart tells me that even on the digital front the sales have been really bad.  Here's the traditional comic book sales via Comics Beat:

157- MOCKINGBIRD

03/16-  Mockingbird   #1  -  42,335      
04/16   Mockingbird   #2  -  32,965    (-22.1%)  
05/16   Mockingbird	 #3  -  21,912   (-33.6%) 
06/16   Mockingbird   #4   - 15,975    (-27.2%)
07/16   Mockingbird   #5   - 15,290    (-  4.3%)
08/16   Mockingbird   #6   - 15,690    (+ 2.6%)   (CV2)

On 10/21/2016 at 2:18 AM, Jerome Miller said:

Well, the fact they aren't even waiting for the first TPB to hit the sales chart tells me that even on the digital front the sales have been really bad.  Here's the traditional comic book sales via Comics Beat:

And now it's #1 on the amazon Marvel sales charts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm up to 1986 ibn my X-Men read thru. just finished uncanny #201, which caps off a damn good storyline. Xavier is sick and stuck in space, so Magneto now leads the teams.

also read the Longshot mini (6 issues, which introduces the title character as well as Mojo). this was not at all good. the storyline itself wasn't terrible, but the pacing and dialogue was such a slog. definitely skippable.

5 hours ago, twiztor said:

also read the Longshot mini (6 issues, which introduces the title character as well as Mojo). this was not at all good. the storyline itself wasn't terrible, but the pacing and dialogue was such a slog. definitely skippable.

:(

I really like Longshot mini.  Nocenti was in a groove in the mid-80's (the only time I've liked her as a writer) and Art Adams was the artist.  

3 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

:(

I really like Longshot mini.  Nocenti was in a groove in the mid-80's (the only time I've liked her as a writer) and Art Adams was the artist.  

to each their own, i suppose, but it did absolutely nothing for me.

Longshot is gorgeous to look at but I won't lie of having to re-rea it initally to make sure I understood it. Still a good story overall. I think the only female writer at Marvel that was better was Louise Simonson.

James