DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Tossing these indy guys into development is part to get rid of all their litany of bad habits and part to make sure they're willing to be part of the system and play the game and listen to instruction. 

Hence why Richards and Edwards were shown the door when they disobeyed the instruction to go home after a botched spot.

• Like 2

tumblr_mvysmedmEn1s8f90ko1_1280.jpg

How does this guy look like he isn't in good shape?

Goddamn skinny fat, that's what that fat fuckin' fat ass McFatty is ... look at that back roll, behind the left elbow.

He's FAT!

As noted, WWE released Alberto Del Rio after he slapped WWE’s Manager of Social Media Live Events Cody Barbierri at last week’s TV tapings. Del Rio confronted Barbierri in catering for a remark that Barbierri made earlier. The story is that someone made a remark to Barbierri about not cleaning off his plate and as a joke, he said that was Del Rio’s job. Del Rio was not there at the time but was told about it. When he confronted Barbierri, he told him he did not appreciate the racist remark and wanted an apology.

It was going around backstage that Del Rio “slapped the shit” out of Barbierri, knocking him to the floor, and Del Rio’s release wasn’t so much that he assaulted Barbierri but based more on how hard he hit him.

Del Rio was reportedly told after the incident that he was being suspended for a short time, until just past SummerSlam. There’s a belief that Barbierri threatened to sue WWE and at that point, WWE felt they had no choice but to let Del Rio go due to legal reasons. Triple H called Del Rio on August 7th, letting him go and he was reportedly furious.

So ... wrestling dreams.

I was fantasy booking my way to sleep last night, that the Authority created a stable, but it was a jumble of different guys, and it had ...

Stephanie & Trips

Orton

Rollins

Hennig's kid

Ryback

Sin Cara

... and it was based on the 7 Deadly Sins (although the plan was to never refer to the group as that).  Respectively, they represented lust (for power); envy; greed; pride (since he's Perfect's son); gluttony ("feed me more!"); sloth (but no one told him that, and I was retroactively using the original Sin Cara).  So I imagine the buildup to this group coming together, then the reveal of "wrath" being, of course, Brock Lesnar (w/ Heyman).  So I was imagining how fun a stable of guys like that could be, ramping up their characters to the max to match their designated role in the group.

Last night, I had the worst fucking nightmare that Brock Lesnar was chasing me through some dilapidated, abandoned town environment, and ... Jesus, it was godawful.  It was like some combination of the "Manhunt" game and "The Host" Korean film.

I mean ... goddamn. 

In other words, fuck Kane being a movie monster villain.  Brock Lesnar ... I may go home early today ...

• Like 2

There is that Hero pic posted above.  Then there is this one:

kassius-ohno1-2004652.jpg

Ref: "See this?  It's the last you'll see of this."

Is he talking to the crowd as in "you'll never see Hero in this ring again!" or is he talking to Hero as in "you'll never see your dick again, tubby!"?

• Like 4

So I believe Rovert is right.  He wasn't fired for being out of shape or fat.  He was fired because he wouldn't dump 6 gallons of water over his head before each match.  HHH was not happy about that.  

So wait - they fired him because he wouldn't do the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness of ALS?

• Like 3

So I believe Rovert is right.  He wasn't fired for being out of shape or fat.  He was fired because he wouldn't dump 6 gallons of water over his head before each match.  HHH was not happy about that.  

So wait - they fired him because he wouldn't do the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness of ALS?

From 2004:

"RVD has a lot of heat on him right now from WWE management because he did not go on the tour to Iraq. Management told wrestlers that the tour was optional, but in reality it wasn't since Vince McMahon expected every wrestler to go. Luther Reigns also did not want to go but ended up going once he found out that Vince would not be happy if he didn't. WWE management apparently tried to intimidate RVD into going, but RVD held firm."

-The Internet

I am just trying to figure how Randy Orton suddenly became the paragon of health

Well, as they say, in the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  If you're injury prone, the best way to look healthy is to hang around with people even more injury prone.

He wasn't fired for his weight, he was fired because he was told to focus on definition in addition to cardio, but didn't.

Source on this?

Meltzer via November's omnibus thread?

Meltzer eventually reported (six weeks later) reported what I said the night his release was made public. The nth time I have posted this on this forum it seems. You don't get released from NXT - at that time anyway for just one reason.

Just so this gag doesn't get run into the ground, maybe we should stop here to refrain from provoking Rippa or anyone else. I don't think he needs to remind us to not be idiots each month.