DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: JULY

Dolfan in NYC

For Tabe and Brian. The palest man in the world.

Btv2ZGgIcAArjul.jpg

Hell, as wretched as the Tiger's pitching was tonight, they should've let White pitch the game, too.

Some fun stuff:

- On Tuesday, Jason Lane made his first career start for the San Diego Padres.  First career start as a pitcher, that is.  Lane previously had 1208 ABs as an outfielder with Houston and the Padres.  Lane is 37 years old and returned to the majors this season after last appearing in 2007.

- in the entire history of baseball, 3 guys have 250+ innings pitched and a career ERA under 2.00.  #2 on that list is dead ball HOFer Ed Walsh with a 1.82.  #3 on the list is dead ball HOFer Addie Joss with a 1.89.  #1 on that list?  Craig Kimbrel with a 1.47 ERA.  Enjoy what you're seeing folks - Kimbrel is the best reliever any of us have ever seen.  He's a long way from being a Mariano or anything like that but his career thus far is completely unmatched in the history of baseball. 

Well, the Giants are supposed to be at the forefront of the Bonifacio race.  So there is that.  Odd that the Giants are not in love with Dan Uggla.

Also, the Indians are supposed to be in on John Lackey because everyone wants to go to Cleveland.

A's could give them Tommy Milone. I think he was demoted all the way to AAA when they got those two guys off the Cubs. Milone would fit in with Boston's desire to build around a young cheap rotation next year. It's probably the best they could do considering no team seems interested in trading away their top prospects for a rental.

Anyway, I'm watching the Pirates-Giants game and Jordy Mercer hit a home run that landed inside a fan's beer cup. I mean, you couldn't place that ball any better if she was purposely trying to catch it with her cup. This is some Green Arrow or Hawkeye level aim right here.

e97hlk.gif