DVDVR Message Board

JULY ANIMATED GIF THREAD

sms090812-09.gif

Friend of mine is the first job guy that Steiner tried the Screwdriver on.  In the back he actually told him he was gonna try something that came to him in a dream the night before and that was it.

Oh god I hope that's true, I legit lol'd at the thought. I would've shit my pants if I was the job guy when he said that

Kong/Asari is so good.. so good.

What's the story, though? Asari gets mauled. That is the most minimalistic hope spot I've ever seen.

Not complaining. Hardway uraken nosebleed? Jesus.

Nosebleed?

No no sir Aja broke Asari's nose. The match was the night after Survivor Series and they were planning on running Aja/Alundr at th Rumble but after Aja/Asari hey got a little squeamish

• Like 1

Nosebleed?

No no sir Aja broke Asari's nose. The match was the night after Survivor Series and they were planning on running Aja/Alundr at th Rumble but after Aja/Asari hey got a little squeamish

Alundra dropping the women's title in a trash can on Nitro a couple of weeks later probably didn't help.

• Like 1

The thing that sucked was that they had already announced the Blayze/Kong match for Royal Rumble via WWF Magazine. After Aja destroyed everyone at Survivor Series I wanted to see her and Medusa/Alundra have a violent singles match

James

tumblr_n9i6rqN7FT1qhjbxeo1_500.gif

Wait what? Is this from this year's G1? Wasn't everyone gushing over Shelton Benjamin just a few days ago?

I believe that was his personal tribute to Mil Mascaras on the occasion of his 50th anniversary in the business.

Nosebleed?

Alundra dropping the women's title in a trash can on Nitro a couple of weeks later probably didn't help.

Did Madusa leave because they were going to scrap Aja/Madusa?  Aja/Asari happened at the 11/21 tapings, which was the last show Alundra worked before showing up on Nitro.

Nosebleed?

Did Madusa leave because they were going to scrap Aja/Madusa?  Aja/Asari happened at the 11/21 tapings, which was the last show Alundra worked before showing up on Nitro.

From da Meltz:

Micelli's WWF contract expired on 12/13 and it was well known within the WWF that she was negotiating with WCW and her contract wasn't renewed, so technically she was fired. J.J. Dillon sent a letter in mid-week to All Japan women, cancelling the Blayze vs. Aja Kong match that was scheduled for the Royal Rumble, saying that Blayze's contract was going to expire and not be renewed. This decision had to have been made several days earlier as when Kong's squash match with Chapparita Asari aired on Raw on 12/11, announcers Vince McMahon and Jerry Lawler played it down and never once mentioned Blayze's name, which was a give away that the womens division was being abandoned. Several WWF wrestlers had been under the impression that Blayze was going to be dumped after the Rumble anyway, and we had heard several reports from Japan that Kong would be given the title in the January match. The WWF had negotiated with All Japan women for Blayze to return to Japan as a regular in January and return to WWF for a few PPV shows against Japanese women during the course of 1996. At the same time, she had begun talking with WCW.