DVDVR Message Board

[LLDSS] STAGE TWO - MISAWA/KOBASHI vs. EAST-WEST CONNECTION

RIPPA

LLDSS STAGE TWO - FIRST ROUND  

43 members have voted

1. 1. MISAWA/KOBASHI vs. EAST-WEST CONNECTION

• MITSAHARU MISAWA/KENTA KOBASHI
    • EAST-WEST CONNECTION (Adonis/Ventura)

I had to go with Misawa and Kobashi. You see, Misawa and Kobashi has Misawa and Kobashi. The East/West Connection, while sporting the amazing Adrian Adonis, is also saddled with the flamboyant but frequently awful Jessie Ventura. The math tells you all you need to know.

There's a High Flyers vs Adonis/Ventura match better than any Misawa/Kobashi tag I've ever seen.*

I appreciate the * you put on there because considering the Tag match I posted above is the greatest tag match in wrestling history I doubt your High Flyers comment is true

• Like 2

There's a High Flyers vs Adonis/Ventura match better than any Misawa/Kobashi tag I've ever seen.*

I appreciate the * you put on there because considering the Tag match I posted above is the greatest tag match in wrestling history I doubt your High Flyers comment is true

I would still argue the greatest tag match was mutoh/chono vs hase/sasaki.

I would still argue the greatest tag match was mutoh/chono vs hase/sasaki.

You would probably lose that argument by sheer volume of people hitting you with sticks.

• Like 1

Yeah, Street and Murdoch were the better pairing, although Matt's right about that High Flyers match being good. I wouldn't say it's better than 6/9/95, but...to each their own.

I know you meant Adonis, but a Dick Murdoch/Adrian Street team would be mind-blowing.

Ron Starr/Adonis was better than VEntura/Adonis or Murdoch/Adonis. Is he alive?

Also, Phil, I'll watch that tag match later. I just feel like it's the sort of thing I'm supposed to watch with a bunch of context to really appreciate and that seems like a lot of work. 

Yeah, Street and Murdoch were the better pairing, although Matt's right about that High Flyers match being good. I wouldn't say it's better than 6/9/95, but...to each their own.

I know you meant Adonis, but a Dick Murdoch/Adrian Street team would be mind-blowing.

Oh Lord yes.  God how did Bill Watts not make that happen?  

Also, Phil, I'll watch that tag match later. I just feel like it's the sort of thing I'm supposed to watch with a bunch of context to really appreciate and that seems like a lot of work.

Sometimes you need to just watch sometthing in a vacuum and notworry about context/continuity

Alive because if he was dead - he and Chicky would have all been up in this bitch

Sometimes you need to just watch sometthing in a vacuum and notworry about context/continuity

I don't think that's true at all. Every match is shaped by the context around it. That's a huge part of where the narrative comes from. Sometimes for time purposes, you have to do that, sure, but I feel like it would be absolutely criminal to do it to a tag match that might be the best of all time.

I will say what Rippa said in a not so nice way.

You are soooooooo high, Matt! :)

Okay - just to help Matt out. If you are going to watch back story

Mitsuharu Misawa & Kenta Kobashi vs. Toshiaki Kawada & Akira Taue (06/01/93)

1993 RWTL: Akira Taue & Toshiaki Kawada vs. Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa (12/03/93)

Akira Taue & Toshiaki Kawada vs. Kenta Kobashi & Mitsuharu Misawa (05/21/94)

Obviously I am just looking at tag matches. And that is more than enough to get you there but if you want to add singles matches

Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (07/29/93)

Toshiaki Kawada vs. Mitsuharu Misawa (06/03/94) (THE match)

I feel like I should gather up all the kids ten years younger than me that were too young to watch these as a basic part of their wrestling education and we can go through these as a Remedial Wrestling project with no one who had actually watched this stuff allowed. Anyone willing to join me? Big Fresh maybe?

• Like 1

Oh I think I could definitely help out with a "wrestling history 101" type project as well. Get me a room of whipper-snappers and I'll teach the fine traditions and legends of men in crazy pants having fake fights.