[LLDSS] STAGE ONE - RING FIVE

RIPPA

LLDSS STAGE ONE - RING FIVE  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Pick UP TO FOUR teams

• Pitbulls (ECW)
    • Big John Studd/King Kong Bundy
    • Bestia Salvaje/Scorpio Jr.
    • Natural Disasters (Earthquake/Typhoon)
    • Lance Cade/Trevor Murdoch
    • Blade Runners (Rock (Warrior)/Sting)
    • Shinya Hashimoto/Masahiro Chono
    • Kerry & Kevin Von Erich
    • Mike Awesome/Mr Pogo
    • Texas Mustangs (Bobby Duncum Jr/John Hawk (JBL))
    • Test/Albert
    • MegaPowers (Hulk Hogan/Randy Savage)

PICK UP TO 4 TEAMS (Votes are public - if you vote for more than 4, I am not counting your vote.) 

TOP 5 ADVANCE (plus those other two teams)

TOPIC IS CLOSED UNTIL I FINISH POSTING CLIPS

PITBULLS

STUDD/BUNDY

BESTIA/SCORPIO

(Just pretend Shocker no-showed... it's not that much of a stretch)

NATURAL DISASTERS

VOTING IS NOW OPEN!!!

Have fun with your Sophie's Choice

EDIT - I had to edit since I forgot to allow multiple votes. So if you were voting and had a problem, try again

I only voted for three teams: Disasters, Hashimoto & Chono, and the Von Erichs. Either I haven't seen enough (Guapos), didn't like the team enough (Awesome & Pogo) or they didn't team enough (Mega Powers).

I honestly don't quite get how it happened. I mean I grew up on this damn board from the age of 16 or so on in the late 90s (which explains so much). I just think it was a means thing. Everything's so much more available now. Back in 1998 I'd have a RM file of some BOSJ Liger match that it took me two days to download and it just never really took. I don't know. I fully intend to get into something esoteric like BattlARTS at some point if I can figure out where to start.

• Like 1

Start with Ishikawa punching people in the face. That seems to have worked for others.

Knowing Matt's tendencies, he will probably start out by watching every Keita Yano match.

Start with Ishikawa punching people in the face. That seems to have worked for others.

Knowing Matt's tendencies, he will probably start out by watching every Keita Yano match.

What does this even mean!

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm still just giving you a hard time for watching Marco Corleone matches.

Sorry, I'm still just giving you a hard time for watching Marco Corleone matches.

My methods are entirely scrupulous.

Speaking of that, on a kayfabe level, Studd/Bundy would probably do fine, but the guy has so many other interesting partners.

Obviously half of those guys are out but I wish we had more of this footage. Just looking at that, you have to figure that Studd was one of the most storied tag team wrestlers of the back half of the 70s. 

Okay - here is what is happening.

Since this ring was horrifically imbalanced and I didn't notice it until way too late.

ONLY FOUR TEAMS ARE ADVANCING

And I will add a third wild card spot.

Y'all wondered what I was going to do in case of a tie. This is what I am doing... not breaking it and going all Alexander Haig

THE FOLLOWING TEAMS ADVANCE

MegaPowers (Hulk Hogan/Randy Savage) (37 votes)
Natural Disasters (Earthquake/Typhoon) (33 votes)
Shinya Hashimoto/Masahiro Chono (32 votes)
Kerry & Kevin Von Erich (32 votes)

IN CONSIDERATION FOR WILD CARD
Big John Studd/King Kong Bundy (13 votes)
Blade Runners (Rock (Warrior)/Sting) (13 votes)