DVDVR Message Board

Random TNA News - may contain peanuts, spoilers or Orbitz gum

"For what it's worth, Mike Johnson of PWInsider recently stated that he believes TNA really is going out of business."

When did Mike say that?

Direct link please.

Honestly it's an LOP article.
And no, he did not elaborate.

In other news, bankholdup still has sand in his vagina.

Would like to see him in WWE, but I realize that it's highly unlikely...I was talking about myself personally, but I'm just one fan.

why would anyone want to see anyone in WWE, other than "hey, good for them (financially)"

I mean, yeah.. can't wait to see KENTA be trotted out as comedy midcarder "Wacky Gatame" or some shit

1.) There are plenty of guys, especially on the US indy scene, who have a lot of talent and skill, but just need that polish. I think almost everyone who's come through the system in the last few years (Ambrose, Zayn, Rollins especially) have lost most of their bad traits while keeping almost all of their good ones and are much better workers because of it.

2.) There are people that I sort of want to see wrestle those people. TV isn't as strong as it was last year, but they still trot out good matches almost ever week, let alone PPVs.

3.) NXT is super fun to watch. 

They did manage not to screw up the Shield, and I think Harper and Rowan have a definite upside, Harper more than Rowan. I haven't seen Zahn in NXT, but I thought the El Generico gimmick would be a license to print money in WWE with the kids.

I don't see much upside in Bo Dallas or Adam Rose, but hey, they can't all be winners.

Cesaro is potential that's wasted, so far. He's not a lost cause.

I can't wait to see if and what they do with Steen. He's got a real personality, actual charisma. 

The only signing that seems like a no-brainer to me are the Briscoes. I wouldn't let them absolutely anywhere near social media or interviews, but they have great characters, can talk and have a style that would be pretty unique to the WWE. I'd love to see them feud with the Wyatts, for some reason.

Wait, you mean there was a false report of TNA going out of business?

Color me surprised.

But Lords of Paste reported it...

Anyone for a incredibly hilarious CHIKARA of Trios fantasy name game?

Even at it's most tenuous state TNA does have some positive and fun things about it - Lashley, EC3 & Spud and Havok for example. But lets trawl newzsites for made stories instead...

Cut it the fuck out.

The yes/no game with EN90 or posting from newzsites? Or both?

Honest question.

As there is actual real news about TNA that could be discussed but both things above seem to distract from the whole "random TNA news" remit of the thread.

I'm curious to know what real news about TNA is there that we haven't discussed already. I'm curious to know, just like I am for WWE. rovert, just a sincere suggestion, but if you don't like the direction things are heading, I would suggest posting about TNA news, rather than making references to it and continuing with your snark.

It is honestly a major job of wading through pages of crap such as debating Heyman's possible role in TNA from 5 years ago which I remember you guys going back and forward with EN90 on 5 years ago. Which is a non-productive exercise both then and now.

I'm curious to know what real news about TNA is there that we haven't discussed already.

Probably can't see it due to you guys pulling EN90's pigtails.

Do you not see how this doesn't help at all? If you do understand that it's not helping, then I can only conclude you're just here to stir up shit. I asked an honest question. The answer to that question isn't "Probably can't see it due to you guys pulling EN90's pigrails."

It is honestly a major job of wading through pages of crap such as debating Heyman's possible role in TNA from 5 years ago which I remember you guys going back and forward with EN90 on 5 years ago. Which is a non-productive exercise both then and now.

Ok, that's fine. We get it. You've reiterated those point constantly. So either contribute to the kind of meaningful discussion you want to see, or leave. It's not that difficult. You contribute just fine in the NXT thread. You can do it here too.

• Like 1

Ok, that's fine. We get it. You've reiterated those point constantly. So either contribute to the kind of meaningful discussion you want to see, or leave. It's not that difficult. You contribute just fine in the NXT thread. You can do it here too.

What's the point when it just gets lost in the "yes it is, no it is not" game with EN90?

DVDR used to be about watching and talking about Pro Wrestling. Not whatever this thread is.

I shouldn't have to even contribute to the thread. A thread called random TNA news should contain predominantly random TNA news and discussion of the same.

I'd love this thread to be about actual TNA news instead of the usual unfunny smarky smarks stroking each other over the idea of having one less wrestling promotion on television.

Also, if you're going to ignore this post and continue doing what you people have done the last 30+ pages, could you please stop taking what copy paste sites report as fact? Also, a little rational thought and less hypocrisy would be nice too.

• Like 1

Maybe people wouldn't be so happy about TNA possibly going out of business if the promotion wasn't so awful to begin with. Frankly I'd be more pissed at the fact that a better promotion could be in that timeslot then fucking TNA. Anyone worth their shit will probably make better money working the indy scene anyway, the only people banking on TNA surviving is Dixie Carter, so let's save the whole "A NATIONAL PROMOTION IS DYING PEOPLE~" routine.

• Like 2

Here's what we're going to do:

We're not going to personally attack ENO90, because of whatever it is. If you don't like ENO90, I suggest putting him on ignore - and not commenting on his ignored posts. You fucking children.

We're also not going to police everyone's posts. That's not just a rovert thing, that's an everybody thing. If you got a problem with how someone is acting, go get a mod or an admin and they'll check it out.

We're also going to learn how to post somewhere else, if you feel your sensibilities are above this message board and it's posters. We don't need you to "better us".

And more specifically to this thread, talk about some actual TNA news.

This is not open for responses of approval or disapproval, just go about your business.