DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: JUNE

RIPPA

here is the single post I will ever put in a baseball forum

I hate San Diego. I hate it with a great force. I am not staying once I can afford to leave, and I hope never to return. I have told multiple people that when San Diego falls into the ocean I will patrol the new coast on horseback with a trident, and return all survivors to the sea with the horrid stain that pulled them down in the first place. My vocal chords will not survive to old age, wracked by the merry song that will fill those days, my true purpose and ultimate goal in living. Some people have fantasies. I want to make sure "La Jolla" can be used to refer to anything but La Jolla.

Tony's passing got me anyways. So that's what it's like out here.

Justin Verlander got lit up again last night.  To say he's been terrible this year would be an understatement.  6-7 with a 4.98 ERA.  Zach Greinke recently went 5 billion starts in a row giving up 2 or less runs.  Justin Verlander has given up 2 or more in every start this year - all 15 of them.  He's given up 5+ earned runs in 6 of his last 7 starts.  Combined with Mad Max being awful in his 4 starts prior to his shutout against Chicago, along with the atrocious bullpen Detroit has (AGAIN) this year, it's a miracle they're still in 1st place.  The pitching the last month or so has been one long WTF.

The D-Backs realize they are not the Cards right.

WE WILL UPHOLD THE UNWRITTEN RULES! THROW AT EVERYONE!

Oh look at that grand slam that throwing at Ryan Braun caused...

Lucroy wasn't messing around. Why would you throw at a guy as retribution to load the bases for the guy currently most likely to hit the ball?

If TLR wanted a shitload of respect for his new organization, he would have shit canned Gibson after the game. I think what pisses me off most is that he couldn't even sack up, be a man, and claim responsibility. They all deflected it like little bitches. If you're going to be *that* transparent about what you're doing, at least stand by your stupidity.

Ooof

Richard Durrett - who covered the Rangers for ESPN Dallas (amongst other things) passed away

He was only 38 and leaves behind a wife and 2 kids.

I honestly had never heard of him before just now and the story is really bothering me

Kris Bryant is now one step away from joining the major league Cubs team. He was promoted to the AAA Iowa Cubs team today after annihilating the Southern League hitting .355 with 22 homers and 58 RBI. If he performs like he did with the Smokies, I don't see how he doesn't get a September call-up. Then again, Baez has had his troubles with AAA pitching, but I feel like he'll figure it out. He's had the same issues at every level before seemingly making the turn out of nowhere.

In any event, Bryant could be a talent like Stanton, Trout or Harper. I'm excited.

Mad Max got shelled (again) yesterday, giving up 10 ER in 4+ as the Tigers fell out of first place.

Then they actually get a decent pitching performance today and still lose - 2-1.  Now 1.5 GB of the Royals, who've won 10 straight.  Tigers were 27-12 and are now 36-32.

Mad Max got shelled (again) yesterday, giving up 10 ER in 4+ as the Tigers fell out of first place.

Then they actually get a decent pitching performance today and still lose - 2-1.  Now 1.5 GB of the Royals, who've won 10 straight.  Tigers were 27-12 and are now 36-32.

Just remember its still June and they are still the Royals. . . 

Read an interesting theory at Hardball Talk about Avila possibly tipping pitches during Scherzer's start. Would explain a lot about their struggles

Yeah, that would explain a whole bunch of the pitching staff all starting to suck at the same time.

Just remember its still June and they are still the Royals. . . 

Not so much worried about the Royals as I am Verlander and Scherzer getting shelled game after game.