DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/27

*Taped for Xplosion: Sanada def. Jessie Godderz

TNA Impact Wrestling - Airing March 27 from Orlando, FL

*MVP opening promo. He said when he came in, he had every intention of letting every wrestler rise and fall based on their talent and ability because the cream always rises to the top. MVP said it was time to make an executive decision and out came Magnus and Abyss. Magnus stated that Abyss has a 100% legitimate service contract to him not MVP or TNA so any authority extends to Abyss through him.  MVP says he saw how strong Abyss was last week and warned him about putting his hands on him. MVP said Magnus was manipulating Abyss and brought up a title shot. MVP says someone keeps getting shafted so he set up Abyss vs Magnus vs Joe for next week. Joe came out and said all he wants is a fair rematch but now it's basically a handicap match. Magnus said they have their own problems. Joe attacked Magnus while MVP and Abyss got into it as well. Eric Young ran out to help Joe and MVP clear the ring. Young said he had the solution, he brought the Monster out of Abyss so he has to stop him. Eric Young wants added to the title match so he can take care of Abyss and Joe can have Magnus. MVP doesn't think Young has earned it yet. Young talks about Motivate, Validate, and Participate, saying he's been with TNA for 10 years and talks about his title runs and running with everything TNA has given him. Joe says nobody is doubting Young but he's not at the head of the line. Joe says he still wants his one fair shot so EY gets nothing until he gets it. MVP appreciates Young's passion and adds him to the match which Joe does not like. Joe shoved Young and they got into a pull apart brawl with MVP saying they've got a match.

*Gunner def. James Storm in a no DQ, no countout, must be a winner match after hitting him with a beer bottle then hitting the F5.

*Angelina Love came out and called out Velvet Sky, asking what her problem was. They talked about Madison Rayne. Angelina had harsh words and also insulted Velvet. She mentioned that it's Angelina vs Madison later on.

*The Wolves def. Magnus & Abyss when Edwards made Magnus submit to a half crab. After the match, Abyss walked away with the TNA title

*Angelina Love def. Madison Rayne in a non title match after Velvet turned heel on Madison and laid her out with a DDT on the outside. After the match, the officially reformed Beautiful People hugged and posed while laughing at Madison.

*Samoa Joe def. Eric Young via rear naked choke submission. Young tried to kick off the ropes in the choke but his hand was dropped three times. After the match, Earl Hebner came out and talked with Brian Hebner about the finish since Young was on top.

*Bobby Roode & Ethan Carter III def. Bully Ray & Willow in a tag team tables match when Roode put Bully through a table with the spinebuster. During the match, Rockstar Spud came out in a wheelchair but Willow dropkicked him out of it and took him to the back. With Willow out, Roode finished off Bully. After the match, they brought in another table and Roode gave Bully the Roode Bomb through it. Then they got one more and Roode put Bully through it with a top rope splash.

This Eric Young push has me convinced Russo is back.

If Russo were back, it would be Super Eric getting the title shot. This title shot for Eric Young is years over due. He's one of the most over guys they have and he's solid in the ring. I can get behind Eric winning the BFG series (assuming they do it) to get the shot.

Was worried they were writing Spud out with his demolition last week, but wheelchair-bound Spud could be awesome.

I'm totally fine with an EY push. Guy is awesome, totally over and one of the better workers in the company. If blando Sabin gets a token reign, Young can hold the belt for a year.

Too be fair - I remember someone saying that a lot of that round table stuff was taped a while ago and is only airing now (kinda like how Legends House was taped forever ago)

Did I read that right? Magnus taps out to a half crab? Wow. This, this place is death.

Of all the things to complain about, this is what you go with?

Edwards has been beating dude's with the half crab for years. Magnus' finisher is a cloverleaf. It's not that weird.

Did I read that right? Magnus taps out to a half crab? Wow. This, this place is death.

Of all the things to complain about, this is what you go with?

Edwards has been beating dude's with the half crab for years. Magnus' finisher is a cloverleaf. It's not that weird.

The half-crab is such a generic move that it's hard to buy as a finish - I've been watching '98 Nitros recently and I remember thinking it was weird that Storm was going to come in and try to get that submission over.

While the opening had some really goofy logic, the show as a whole was fun. The BPs being together again is better for both of them, and the Knux character is compelling, but they badly need to put all of the puzzle pieces together for him because they're going with a compelling character that doesn't really work for a wrestling act. The Gunner-Storm main event was good, but hurt by them saying it was the second match while showing clips of the two prior matches, cutting in to talk about the Willow-EC3 deal happening after it, and thus undercutting the drama, and also not talking about or showing what happened during a break to give Gunner the edge. With all that said, the hype vids for this were fantastic and it felt like the A program instead of the world title. It's a shame they killed the TV Title, because this feud would be a perfect feud to at least in theory have a chance to not only get that thing over, but also make it seem like a secondary title that's as important as the world title - ala New Japan. And then the show of course ended with Willow beating up EC3 with a fucking umbrella.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/03/tna-impact-3-27-14.html

Screens -

55acda317248414.jpg

e3208b317254658.jpg

043b32317254679.jpg

0ebcaa317254408.jpg

222df4317254421.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/wzxolzugn8lan6o0pttv7yq3bx4f6352

Another awesome brawl from Gunner/Storm.. that apron spear thru the table ruled, highlight of the night. Second hour picked up nicely after the first only had one match, the Wolves did look real good there. Angelina/Madison was pretty good while it lasted too as was Joe/Young. EC3 and Spud were amusing in their skits

I feel they've ruined the Willow thing by making him too goofy. The initial videos were awesome and made him look scary. So, with that said, they might as well go all the way with the goofiness and make it more entertaining. Let's see...

EC3 (touching the cabin wall): Wait... Is this cabin made of candy?

Willow kidnaps Rockstar Spud in the background.

Or, maybe...

EC3 (walking into the room): Spud?

He sees Spud standing and facing the corner. Something unseen hits EC3 from behind while Willow cackles.

Or, maybe EC3 could just be hit in the head with a claw hammer while looking at a shrine built to Shannon Moore's severed head... or something.

I feel they've ruined the Willow thing by making him too goofy. The initial videos were awesome and made him look scary. So, with that said, they might as well go all the way with the goofiness and make it more entertaining. Let's see...

The gimmick feels like a homage to The Mighty Boosh at this point. EC3 needs a polo mint monocle.

The explanation I heard from another site is that Magnus tapped quickly so he could go and retrive his title belt.

A champion who just dogs it and goes for quick losses during non-title bouts would be amazing.

"You beat me, who cares? I still have the title! These people don't deserve to see me wrestle!"

"He's the losingest champion in history folks, but he's still got the title"

The explanation I heard from another site is that Magnus tapped quickly so he could go and retrive his title belt.

A champion who just dogs it and goes for quick losses during non-title bouts would be amazing.

"You beat me, who cares? I still have the title! These people don't deserve to see me wrestle!"

"He's the losingest champion in history folks, but he's still got the title"

That is almost what they went for, Magnus made it clear that he didn't give two shits about the match. This caused tension with Abyss, who 'doesn't like to lose'.

I'd have no problem with this, but you've got the Russo thing where everything happens at least 4 times as quickly as it probably should. I mean AJ and Tamina have basically taken 6 months to reach the point Magnus/Abyss have reached in less than 4 weeks.