DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: R1 Match 3 DEL RIO vs. WAGNER

DEL RIO vs. WAGNER  

82 members have voted

1. 1. ONE GOES ON. ONE GOES HOME.

• ALBERTO DEL RIO
    • DR. WAGNER JR.

This result pisses me off, because it tells me that Virus, Rush, Panther and Park would have had a real chance to move along even if they weren't up against each other in the first round.  Virus v. Rush is particularly brutal because I would vote both of them over everyone in this tourney other than Cesaro, Casas and maybe Goldust and Bryan.  Maybe.  

This result pisses me off, because it tells me that Virus, Rush, Panther and Park would have had a real chance to move along even if they weren't up against each other in the first round. Virus v. Rush is particularly brutal because I would vote both of them over everyone in this tourney other than Cesaro, Casas and maybe Goldust and Bryan. Maybe.

I would have voted Rush or Virus over Aries, Devitt, Christian, or an Uso. Same with Okabayashi.

@DylanWaco Look upon ye poor Rockstar Spud vs. Suwama match and tremble...

If everyone would like to dial down the sad tail of poor, poor Alberto Del Rio, that would be keen.  Nice worker and everything but has got a big old zero on the very admittedly nebulous 'it factor'.  Listen to yourselves, "if they didn't take away his personal ring announcer he would still be over."  I say if he could get his own damn self over he wouldn't need all these wacky trappings.  Considering all the work WWE put into his act, you would think any of it would have stuck to the guy.  But nope.  Face it cats, the guy is totally forgettable.  He's not even bad enough to get noticed that way.  Put him in a red striped shirt to go with his scarf and lets play 'Where's Alberto?'

• Like 1

When Del Rio wrestles as heel, usually in longer matches, he creates a "gameplan" oriented story that builds from beginning to end. What happens in the begginning relates to how he will try to win in the end. As opposed to, we're just gonna do some stuff and then at the end we'll trade finishers and everyone will go crazy when we kick out. Which lots and lots of wrestlers do.

Also his offense looks good, he knows the right time to let the face make comebacks, and he has great slip on the banana peel spots: The Hammrick bump, the enzigui whiff, and the back bump on the top turnbuckle.

I actually feel as though Del Rio's overuse of the Hamrick bump is a strike against him, much like I don't like Randy Orton working the hanging DDT in to every match, heel or face. At this point, I feel like the set up always comes off as slightly contrived and I never feel as though it constitutes the momentum shift that it should in the grand scheme of things. For all we can talk about how good ADR is at laying out his matches and working to a finish, the Hamrick bump always comes across to me as something impressive he can do so it gets worked in.

Watched the Wagner matches on the first page. The LA Park blew my mind. Such a fun hate filled match. Del Rio is like Orton to me, he puts on matches that are technically sound and at least decent but I could care less about him. So Wagner gets my vote here.

Watched the Wagner matches on the first page. The LA Park blew my mind. Such a fun hate filled match. Del Rio is like Orton to me, he puts on matches that are technically sound and at least decent but I could care less about him. So Wagner gets my vote here.

I know this is dreadful, but I resent that he probably isn't as bad as I think he is.  Like, people on here whose opinions I respect tend to like his matches just as pure matches....and I get, like, mad at myself on some level for being so bored by him that I can't appreciate that.

So my own self-loathing as a shallow wrestling fan makes me hate him even more.

You KNOW WHAT, FUCK ALBERTO DEL RIO!!!!  STOP JUDGING ME DEL RIO!!!!

• Like 2