DVDVR Message Board

March 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

Spoilered because it's horror show.

David-Moyes-1878429.jpg

This is the face that will haunt your dreams.

I prefer the photoshopped one that was doing the rounds earlier this season (and one I initially thought was real)

tumblr_inline_mwb4jch3Xn1srpoi8.jpg

I missed the game sadly due to training commitments but I cheered in public when I saw the result, and then I saw the highlights and realised that Man U got off lightly.

Obviously Moyes can earn himself a reprieve if they keep going in the Champions League and beat Man City next week - I wish them well with the latter because the bigger picture is that Arsenal also put Sherwood in the firing line and it's a 4-way fight to the finish, even if the bookies don't fancy the Gunners much.

I missed the game sadly due to training commitments but I cheered in public when I saw the result, and then I saw the highlights and realised that Man U got off lightly.

Obviously Moyes can earn himself a reprieve if they keep going in the Champions League and beat Man City next week - I wish them well with the latter because the bigger picture is that Arsenal also put Sherwood in the firing line and it's a 4-way fight to the finish, even if the bookies don't fancy the Gunners much.

If United get knocked out of the CL, and when City beats them next week, that's the end of Moyes.

This team has looked like utter shit, and yeah, the team's not playing well, but its on Moyes that they've made no adjustments, that the midfielders look lost and are constantly playing in front of their forwards, and his fault that he keeps playing central attack midfielders wide and wondering why they're not playing well.  

I wanted to give Moyes a chance because "In Sir Alex I Trust", but fuck, I've been spending the whole season watching United playing the same damn way, making no damn adjustments, and getting tatically outplayed by everyone up and down the league.  No amount of money and squad turnover is going to fix the biggest problem, and that's Moyes is really no damn good.

Seriously, watching Moyes coach is like watching that dude that's been using Match Engine expliots in FM for years, winning everything without ever changing up tatics, then the past two years when the engine was fixed, using the same damn shit then bitching on the forums that the Engine is broke because his exploit tatics don't work and he has to make adjustments because the rest of the league is kicking his ass, and he wants the exploits back in rather than adapting to the game.

• Like 1

At least allow them to have one day of honour against City.  Those assholes have 9 points in their back pockets and someone has to take some away.   Lord knows Arsenal won't...but would be much obliged if someone else would please.

Yeah, like we're beating City this year.

• Like 1

Yeah, they aren't the same without him.  Demichelis & Lescott have been horrible lately, and Savic isn't much better.

As long as CIty or Chelsea don't win the league i'll be happy.

I think Moyes gets way too much shit this season, it's like the players are sand-bagging him on purpose.  Their defense is total crap, Rio & Vidic need to go and Evra is way past his prime.  The offense has been pretty shitty also, while Van Persie has been practically non-existent for large parts of this season, same w lots of guys.  If you told me Mata played in that game vs Liverpool I would call you a liar.  Moyes can't play every position himself, the players should take more responsibility for playing so nonchalantly all year.

In theory, yes.  That'd give RVP and Rooney some space to work in, since without Kompany, City's back 4 is suspect.  However, since United's midfield forgot how to play midfield and fancy themselves forwards, it fucks up RVP and Rooney's game.  However, they're playing in Trafford, so unless they put actual wingers and not use Janjuaz and Mata wide, they're fucked there.

Yeah, they aren't the same without him.  Demichelis & Lescott have been horrible lately, and Savic isn't much better.

As long as CIty or Chelsea don't win the league i'll be happy.

I think Moyes gets way too much shit this season, it's like the players are sand-bagging him on purpose.  Their defense is total crap, Rio & Vidic need to go and Evra is way past his prime.  The offense has been pretty shitty also, while Van Persie has been practically non-existent for large parts of this season, same w lots of guys.  If you told me Mata played in that game vs Liverpool I would call you a liar.  Moyes can't play every position himself, the players should take more responsibility for playing so nonchalantly all year.

Yes, the players have blame, because some are playing half-assed, and just getting by on the "We're United players who won a title last year".  And that's the reason that there needs to be a big squad turnover this off season.

But to absolve Moyes is wrong.  Yes, his players are sandbagging, but he's sending the same lineups out, using the same shapeless, basic tatics every game, he's not commanding any authority on the squad, he's not making adjustments to counter what opponents are putting out against him, he not changing when someone is visibly dogging it, and he's not holding players accountable for dogging it.  He's a shitstain of a manager who isn't managing.  He's spend the first half of the season just putting 11 guys on the pitch lined in a 4-4-1-1 and relying on the Shirts to win, and when that didn't happen, he's done fuckall to adjust.  He's still just lining up 11 guys in a 4-4-1-1 and letting them go run around and hoping that inherent skill covers it.

And its on him that the club is sandbagging.  Point blank, not one person in that fucking changing room would ever DARE play they way they've been playing with Sir Alex in that technical area.  

• Like 1

At least they spent their money (more or less) on good players like Aguero.

Besides if I was as rich as the dude that owned that team I'd have City's lineup + I'd just buy Real Madrid's lineup for shits and giggles. Play the City lineup in league the Madrid lineup for cups.

"We have many difficult decisions."