DVDVR Message Board

March 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

There really is no Plan B for Arsenal when the usual style of play isn't producing results.  I was extremely-annoyed by the penalty at first, but in the end it's hopefully an eye-opener for Arsene that he needs to change it up when a rut like this starts forming at a crucial point in the season.  There needs to be more versatility off of the bench to create a dynamic catalyst in situations that call for a change in tactical approach instead of like-for-like (or marginally-worse but similar) replacements.

I was at my local with my Dad and there was a reaction to Soccer Saturday's Jeff Stelling/Paul Merson to the Alan Pardew incident "Throw the book at 'im!" and Bradford City's home defeat to the bottom side of that league, Stevenage. Fuckers.

I'm glad that Arsenal dropped points, but I don't like seeing a team like Stoke get all 3 points considering how dirty they played. There were 3 incidents where they either led with their studs high or stepped on a player and didn't get carded for it. Charlie Adam should have had 2 yellow cards.

Three weeks till Cambridge United plays for the FA Trophy at Wembley.. hopefully a good pay day, a trophy in the cabinet (and if they win, hopefully they won't be back to defend it, as they are in second place in the Conference.. which is playoffs)

I was at my local with my Dad and there was a reaction to Soccer Saturday's Jeff Stelling/Paul Merson to the Alan Pardew incident "Throw the book at 'im!" and Bradford City's home defeat to the bottom side of that league, Stevenage. Fuckers.

Went to the Hatter with Cindy yesterday wearing the 1999 change shirt (plus my dad's old Mickey Mouse shirt since all the Rags have been telling us to enjoy our Mickey Mouse cup final), but had to keep my coat on because the joint was so packed that we could barely move, much less remove our accouterments. At halftime we were outside getting some air when I was accosted by a fellow Citizen who lost his shit for my shirt. "If that's the Gillingham shirt, you keep your coat off for the second half!" Afterwards he ran over to me with one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen on a human being and gave me a bone-crushing hug I was still feeling 4 hours later... seriously, I thought he popped one of my ribs.

If the new City paradigm is driving us all nuts for extended periods of time and coming out on top in the end, I'm okay with this.

Hopefully soon it will come to Shaw Direct so I can not buy it because it's probably like $30 a month or something retarded. I like the look of their lineup, though. It's too bad GolTV seems so dead in the water. I mean, I still think it's clearly worth the $1.50 a month I'm paying to watch Bundesliga, but once you get past that they're pretty screwed (I bet those second division Mexican games are drawing monster ratings bro). Then there's just the massive jump to Setanta Sports Sportsnet World and this new channel.

First world problems.